In most cases, conservative therapy is not effective, for this you need to carry out surgical operations. Do in such cases:
- extensive varicose veins, which occupies the greater part of the vein;
- acute phlebothrombosis or pulmonary embolism;
- incorrect expansion of saphenous veins;
- the presence of edema in the legs;
- violation of circulation of blood in the venous system;
- progressive trophic ulcers, not responding to medical treatment;
- chronic fatigue legs and movement disorder.
Limitations and contraindications
Unfortunately, not all can carry out surgical intervention in spite of the severity of the disease. The operation is not carried out in the following cases:
- running the illness condition, when the operation will not produce effective results;
- concomitant hypertension 3 degrees, ikhs ;
- sepsis or other inflammatory and infectious processes in the body;
- old age more than 75 years;
- pregnancy 2 and 3 trimester;
- skin diseases in the period of exacerbation (eczema, contact dermatitis, erysipelas, etc.).
Types of operations on the veins of the lower extremities
Today medicine can offer several options of operations on varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- complete removal of the vein or phlebectomy;
- removal of diseased sections of veins or mikroflebektomiyu;
- laser coagulation with a laser knife;
- RF ablationem;
To treat gentle microinvasive surgical interventions due to which removes the damaged fragments of the vessel.
The advantage of this method is the absence of postoperative complications, because the operation is performed through small punctures.
This reduces the period of rehabilitation and improves cosmetic effect.
So is the treatment of varicose veins with laser Expensive operation which is based on the removal of small veins with a laser knife. The operation in the effect of laser beams on a vessel causing the blood clot, and the vessel is closed and separated. In the future Vienna resolved.
The advantages of operation in absence of surface defects and short recovery period. Immediately after surgery the patient can go home on their feet.
The method is an improved version of the previous method, which is the least dangerous and traumatic of all.
Thanks to him you can remove the veins of any caliber up to varicose nodes, without the use of anesthesia. The rehabilitation period is not needed, because for two weeks already actively running.
But it is worth noting that in some cases the effect is not better than after laser removal.
This method is hard to call operating. It is based on the use of sclerosant is a special substance that, when introduced into the vessel turns it into a fibrous cord. Injection is carried out several times and only for veins of small caliber.
For carrying out sclerotherapy doesn't need anesthesia, so it is used primarily for those who have an intolerance to anesthesia. But it requires a long period of rehabilitation. Patients must wear compression stockings for at least 3 months.
The effects of surgery
After surgery on the veins of the lower extremities probable complications which surgeons are required to warn their patients in advance. All of these complications arise at different stages of the manipulation, and depend on such factors as:
- method of surgical intervention;
- the stage of neglect of the process and the amount of work;
- the choice of anesthetic and method of administration.
Depending on these factors, the risk of complications is different, as well as methods of their elimination. Of course by traumatic and dangerous method is phlebectomy. Because offendimus all the tissues of the lower extremities, a high probability of complications. The most basic of them:
- aseptic inflammation of the skin around the joints;
- the formation of strands which accumulates blood, with redness and pain sensation;
- secondary inflammation due to the bacterial infection;
- the bleeding from the wound;
- significant swelling due to trauma to the lymphatic vessels and nodes in the groin area;
- thrombosis of the deep venous system as the result of constant bed rest without preventive measures (use of compression stockings, minimal physical activity and taking medications that improve blood rheology);
- bruises and exasperatur seams in place of surgical intervention;
- relapse and the progress of the disease.
Actions in the first days after surgery
As soon as the patient wakes up after anesthesia, it is necessary to move the limbs as possible. In the set of exercises included rotation at the knee and ankle joint, flexion and extension of the legs. The main thing is not to overdo it, not to make things worse.
On the second day of the surgery make the dressing, after which put on special linen, knitted or doing tight bandaging of the feet.
Limb it is desirable to raise, to improve blood circulation. In any cases, operating stations can not be wet, and also to visit the baths, as can stitches. If the patient feels feverish, it is necessary to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, then be sure to seek medical attention. In cases of leg edema, it is desirable to reduce the physical loading.
After 9-10 days the stitches are usually removed. Then assigned individual rehabilitation. Full recovery occurs depending on the stage of the disease and the physical condition of the person.Rehabilitation and prevention consists of the following conditions:
- The change in lifestyle and physical activity of patients;
- Power correction after surgery;
- Compression therapy in the postoperative period.
The change in lifestyle and physical activity of patients
As one of the main reasons varicose veins are lack of exercise, for quick recovery and healing recommended walks in the fresh air every evening, special exercises without weights, walking on the "toes" and "heels", the Cycling, the circular motion in the joints of the lower extremities, exercise "scissors" and foot massage and sound sleep.
Power correction after surgery
Excess weight contributes to the relapse and progression of disease according to this, if the patient is obese, it is urgently necessary to change your diet: reduce calories, foods to diversify the diet change. It is advisable to consume only lean meats, seafood and sea fish, dairy products, cereals, fruits, vegetables, berries and nuts. As for the day you need to drink close to 2 liters of plain water.
What else you need to remember patients
Patients should remember that the formation of a gap occurs for 3 months. Then formed a scar. At this time should be carefully operated to treat the portion of a limb:
- Do not scrub the surgical site rough and tough sponges in the shower, and use cosmetic scrubs. Use the soft washcloth or simply wash your hand.
- Water during bathing should be warm.
- Not worth trying to erase iodine, brilliant green or other bright antiseptics at once, it will cause unnecessary friction.
- If the incision itches, apply the iodine, it will provide an antiseptic effect and will remove the itch.
- Not worth to cut cover on their own, they themselves will disappear.
- If the seam is red or about him appeared strange spots, contact your doctor.
- Try to protect yourself from stress and unnecessary worries.