Despite the fact that pregnancy is a beautiful time, it can cause an unpleasant disease, like varicose veins. Approximately 30% of women pathology occurs after the first pregnancy, after subsequent this figure continues to grow inexorably. Varicose veins in pregnancy affects women who to him are. Some women say the first manifestation of varicose veins before pregnancy, after which the situation is aggravated.
Varicose veins is a visual spider veins, or so-called "worms", the first is a spider web of blood vessels. "Worms" have extended the main veins. In this situation, the bulging veins, which have a thickness in the finger and painted blue-green color. Varicose veins is not only a cosmetic defect, this pathology is extremely dangerous and carries serious complications. The most dangerous consequence could be the formation of a blood clot, which at any moment can come off, which poses a direct threat to the mother and child.
The reasons for the development
This unpleasant disease, as varicose veins of the legs may develop as a consequence of hormonal changes in the body of the mother. Increasing progesterone contributes to the destruction of the walls of the veins. A woman is actively gaining weight, the load on the legs increases, thus increases pressure on the veins. From such a load of veins and capillaries begin to stretch and increase its size. In addition, the growing uterus compresses the pelvic veins, and provoke additional tension of the vessels of the legs.
Another reason for varicose veins during pregnancy want to call a sedentary lifestyle. Many women are in an interesting position, prefer to be lying down, causing blood stagnates in the veins of the leg and dilation of blood vessels.
I want to note the main causes that affect the development of varicose veins during pregnancy:
- The iliac veins are squeezed by the increased uterus. This body greatly hinders the flow of blood as it compresses the vein and distal inferior Vena cava in the last months of pregnancy. Blood circulates poorly in the thighs and vulva;
- Genetic predisposition is a major cause of the development of varicose veins during pregnancy;
- The work of hormones. Progesterone actively reduces the tonus of vein walls, causing it to sprain. Increased estrogen causes increased blood flow in the arteries of the uterus and pelvis;
- Increased pelvic blood flow. Pregnant women suffer from increased venous blood flow in the pelvic region. Begin disturbance of outflow of blood from the legs due to which there is stagnation, and veins dilate;
- The increase in blood volume. Disruption of the venous system largely occur due to the large increase in venous blood. This occurs in consequence of the increase in plasma volume and expansion of the vascular channel;
- Other causes of venous disease of the legs during pregnancy include: morphological changes of tissues veins, anatomical changes to the valves of the veins, pathology of the connective tissue;
- Constipation. Such a delicate issue care almost all pregnant women. If constipation have to push, in consequence of which changes the veins.
Additional factors in the development of varicose veins during pregnancy include the age of mothers, number of pregnancies, and heredity.
But there are those causes of developing varicose veins during pregnancy that cause his appearance before the interesting position of women, namely:
- Frequent wearing of shoes with heels which has a height greater than 8 cm;
- Varieties of hot hair removal;
- Frequent heat treatments such as steam baths, saunas, hot springs etc.;
- A sharp change in weight;
- Hiking in the Solarium and often stay in the sun.
The symptoms of the disease and its diagnosis
The formation of varicose veins in the legs has its own mechanism, which is presented in the form of pumping of blood in the legs, after which it remains clamped in them, as veins pressed partially. After congestion occurs, which pulls the vein from the inside. The development of this pathology during pregnancy has its stages:
- The initial stage takes place practically without any symptoms. Visually you can detect very little change of the venous network of the legs. By the evening the lower limbs may swell, but the morning of this picture goes without a trace;
- Then you can join the seizures that happen in the night time. The convulsions connected severe pain and itching, which occurs at night;
- The next step is a strong change in the shape of veins. They begin to bulge outward, are large in size and too curved. With such a degree you can not feel discomfort, but in most cases, the woman suffers intense pain.
Problems with the veins, does the doctor. On advice from such expert female will get answers to questions about treatment or consultation with a vascular surgeon who specializiruetsya on the operations of arteries and veins.
- Ultrasound of the vessels of the legs. This method will help the specialist to check the degree of damage of the veins, direction of blood flow and the presence of congestion. On the basis of such examination, the doctor may prescribe medication to thin the blood in the veins or surgery;
- KLA. This blood shall be to determine the inflammatory process in the body;
- Coagulation, which is a complex of research for indications of blood clotting. If the doctor prescribes drugs to thin the blood, such research is carried out again.
The types of varicose veins in pregnant women
It should be noted that varicose veins can be of various types. Consider those that are most commonly found in women in an interesting position:
- Varicose veins in the groin. In this type groin a woman has bulging veins, she feels the heaviness in this area;
- Varicose veins of the uterus. This disease occurs due to hereditary predisposition and active work of the iliac veins. Another causes can be abortion, inflammation, disruptions of the menstrual cycle, etc.;
- Varices of the vagina. This form is most common among pregnant women. Often the pathology of the suffering woman, mother or grandmother had varicose veins in the legs;
- Varicose veins of the legs. This type is the most common among all diseases of the veins.
Treatment of varicose veins during pregnancy
Therapy varicose veins during pregnancy has its own stages that I want to see more details:
1. Compression underwear – it is the initial stage for the treatment of venous diseases and is a good prevention of disease and for postoperative support. Compression stockings are aimed at reducing congestion in the direction of the veins, which leads to a reduction of edema, unpleasant symptoms disappear, and the subsequent development of the disease is suspended. The compression garment can be of different types, it can be tights, stockings or socks. These items are made by seamless technology, using elastic materials.
Compression hosiery has a few classes of its kind. Linen can be therapeutic, prophylactic or from the hospital. Curative and preventive models can be purchased in a regular pharmacy, the packaging always indicates the degree of compression. Recommendations on the choice of the garment gives the doctor. Otherwise you can buy are too weak or too tight underwear. Should effect you get if you wear knitwear from morning till evening. Remove the Bel is necessary to lay, to avoid a sudden drop of blood pressure;
2. Venotonics – are drugs that act on the veins. Tonic effect on the veins occurs by the fact that diosmin increases the period of action of noradrenaline on the vein. Norepinephrine, in turn, increases muscle tone and density of vein walls, has a vasoconstrictor effect and prevents the expansion and the stagnation in the veins.
During pregnancy allowed medications with active ingredient – diosmin. Use them only in the second trimester, and only after consulting a doctor. These drugs should stop taking for a few weeks before giving birth to avoid the risk of massive bleeding during childbirth;
3. As systemic medications can be taken only from the second trimester, and treatment should start in the early stages of developing varicose veins, can be used as a therapy topical preparations in conjunction with compression underwear. During pregnancy can you use this ointment.
A great solution to relieve the troublesome symptoms from varicose veins during pregnancy is foot massage, which will hold a qualified specialist. Movement in massage should be smooth, in the direction from bottom to top. If the use of gels and creams is permitted by a physician in conjunction with the massage they will give the maximum positive effect.
Birth varicose veins
Varicose veins is not a contraindication to pregnancy and childbirth of the child. The woman is only slightly more responsible attitude to their health in this period. The attending physician will definitely offer you methods of treatment and prevention of disease. A compulsory question will be the delivery, the doctor will consider the method of bringing a child into the light whether it's natural childbirth or cesarean section. Medical veins and gynecologist joint discussions will come to the desired conclusion.
When possible, doctors will insist on natural childbirth. Before process of delivery, you will wear compression stockings or bandaging the legs with elastic bandage. So the doctors will eliminate the probability of a reverse casting of blood in vain attempts.
The disease after giving birth
Many women are wondering if during pregnancy was diagnosed with varicose veins, what awaits them after birth? The disease will come to naught, or it's her fever? The exact answer to this question is no and you would not even your doctor.
Some women after childbirth completely forget about such unpleasant problem as varicose veins, while others continue to suffer from the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
We all know that preventing disease is much easier than to treat it. That is why each woman should know how to properly secure to prevent varicose veins during pregnancy.
In the case when you have no predisposition to such a disease, you don't spend your entire day on your feet and are not engaged in heavy physical activity, prevention of varicose veins will be simple. Well, if all of the above is relevant to you, then prophylaxis should be carried out with a double effort, because this is a very effective methods of dealing with the disease. But do not forget that each new pregnancy increases the risk of developing varicose veins.
How pregnant to avoid varicose veins
Methods to prevent the development of varicose veins during pregnancy:
- Try to walk more. Long walks in the fresh air will do you and baby good. So you will be spending a great workout for the calf muscles, which improves blood circulation in the legs;
- Another way to prevent disease is swimming, which is not only physical exercise, but easy full body massage. Beneficial effects swimming will be given on the spine of the pregnant woman who is experiencing a huge load and it is good to be in a relaxed state;
- The perfect solution is a douche. Make sure that the temperature difference is not too big, otherwise you may become sick. You should start from his state and feelings;
- Avoid high heels, it can not be higher than 3 cm Shoes should not have elastic or fasteners that put pressure on the leg, what will impair blood circulation in it. The same goes for socks;
- Sometimes try to lie down with raised upside down. Put a soft pillow and lay so for about 15 minutes;
- Try to sleep on your left side. So you will have less pressure on the poppies on the vein located on the right side. Enclose under side a small soft pillow for more comfort;
- In order to prevent varicose veins during pregnancy and just for General good health, spread the time of day that you will lie, sit or stand. But that doesn't mean you need to lie on the couch for 10 straight hours or idle hours not moving;
- Never put one foot on the second, when sitting, especially for low seats;
- Build your diet, which will be useful not only for veins but also for digestion in General.
Prevention of varicose veins legs during pregnancy want to include a strong prevention of body weight gain. Be careful what you eat and in what quantity. Do not get too lean on food in the evening.
And there are special exercises that are designed for pregnant women who want to prevent varicose veins the legs:
- Sit on a chair and put your hands down. Get up on the inhale, on the exhale sit down;
- Stand with legs apart at shoulder width. Alternately begin to raise the legs, bending the knees, feet to tear off it is impossible;
- Sit in a chair and execute movements with their feet by rolling and rotating;
- Stand up and start smoothly up and down on tiptoes and back. Do not forget to breathe correctly;
- Walk a little first on tiptoe, then on heels. So do the same with the inner and outer side of the foot;
- Stand up, spread your feet shoulder width apart and begin to rotate the leg from ankle to lower leg, change legs;
- After a set of exercises including music and a little dance. So you feel that the feet rested, and the tension passed.