With the help of folk remedies for varicose veins, you can stop the development of the disease for many years. They cannot be considered as an alternative to drug treatment, but they may well help relieve edema and get rid of other negative phenomena with this ailment.
The effectiveness of the folk method
Folk remedies for varicose veins help to activate the hidden forces of the body and make it fight the disease on its own, but one should not consider them a panacea for the disease. Many patients of the older generation first begin treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, and then go to the doctor. You can't do that! First, you always need to consult with a phlebologist, get recommendations from him about treatment, take blood tests to determine the level of platelets. All folk remedies are designed to combat the cause of the development of varicose veins, but not the consequences, so they are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Nutmeg Recipe # 1
Folk remedies for varicose veins include recipes based on nutmeg. These fruits have gained popularity due to the fact that they stimulate blood circulation. However, more than one nutmeg should not be consumed per day. This will lead to intoxication of the body and the appearance of hallucinations. Nutmeg for varicose veins is used in the following way:
- whole nuts are ground to a powder state;
- 1/3 teaspoon of the resulting product is poured with 250 ml of boiling water;
- After the mixture has cooled, add a tablespoon of honey.
Take this broth just before breakfast. It is advisable to prepare a new portion every day, otherwise the essential oils from the product will fade, which will negatively affect its effectiveness. Some healers recommend preparing a vodka tincture using nutmeg. 200 grams of nut powder is poured with 1 liter of vodka, the mixture is allowed to brew for 1 week. Take the medicine 3 times a day, 20 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Recipe # 2 based on honey and propolis
Compresses for varicose veins from honey are a common way to normalize the state of blood vessels. The fabric is smeared with honey and then applied to the leg. A plastic wrap is wrapped over the compress. If you are afraid that such a design may slip somewhere, then you can put on stockings or tights on top. Compresses are recommended before bedtime. You can make propolis tincture according to the following recipe:
- 20 grams of propolis is crushed and 30 grams of gray jaundice, 0. 5 lemon together with zest are added to it;
- the resulting mixture is poured with 300 ml of vodka and insisted for 3 weeks;
- ready-made infusion is used to rub the feet for a month.
Apitherapy for varicose veins is indicated for those people who do not suffer from allergies to bee stings. If the patient has a mild reaction to honey or propolis, this method of treating varicose veins cannot be used. The procedure is performed by a doctor. He plants a certain number of bees on a biologically active area. After the bite, the sting remains in the patient's body for some time, so that the poison completely penetrates the leg.
Recipe # 3 from green tomatoes
Unripe tomatoes are considered an excellent folk remedy for leg swelling with varicose veins. Doctors put forward the theory that an unripe vegetable contains an increased amount of lycopene, so compresses from this plant perfectly relieve pain and reduce vein swelling. The recipe itself is pretty simple. Green tomatoes are cut into large pieces and applied to the venous nodes. It is recommended to secure the vegetables with a bandage. Keep the compress necessary until a burning sensation appears. Healers recommend carrying out the procedure at night.
Ginger Recipe # 4
The benefits of this plant are legendary! It is used to improve digestion, reduce weight, get rid of migraines, and so on. To treat varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies, you will need raw ginger root. Regular dry seasoning will not work.
One of the popular remedies for toning the body, improving blood flow and relieving fatigue is a tea based on this spice.
Preparing tea is easy enough: you need to cut off a small piece from the root of the plant, pour boiling water over it and let it brew for ten to fifteen minutes. Take this remedy at a comfortable temperature for yourself. Ginger for varicose veins helps not only to cope with poor venous tone, but also activates metabolism, so people who take such tea gradually lose weight. A compress of ginger is also effective for varicose veins. Prepare it as follows:
- The root is rubbed very finely.
- The resulting gruel is mixed with honey.
- The mixture is applied to the inflamed veins for about three to four hours.
To enhance the effect of the compresses, you can wrap a cling film on top, and then put on warm pants or lie under the blanket. The duration of treatment is one month.
Horse Chestnut Recipe # 5
Treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies is rarely complete without the use of horse chestnut. A tincture is prepared on the basis of the fruit of the plant. The raw material is crushed with a meat grinder to a state of gruel, and then put into a three-liter jar, half filling it with vodka. The mixture is infused for one month. The ratio of chestnut fruit to vodka should be one to three. Several times a week, while the mixture is infused, it is shaken, and then returned to its place.
A month later, the finished tincture is used to wipe the veins damaged by varicose veins. Some healers recommend using the remedy internally, but before that you should consult your doctor, as chestnut is poisonous in itself and can cause bleeding, because it reduces blood clotting. The infusion can be administered orally if you have an exactly increased number of platelets in your blood.
Viburnum Recipe # 6
As with ginger, the berries of the plant can be used to make a fortified drink or for a compress. Viburnum compress for varicose veins is prepared in the standard way. The berries are ground to a state of gruel, then the mixture is spread on a bandage or cotton rag, and then applied to the affected area. It is necessary to keep such a composition for 8-9 hours, so the compress is recommended to be done before bedtime. The preparation of the drink is very simple. 500 ml of juice is obtained from viburnum berries, and then 2 tablespoons of honey are added to the liquid. Allergy sufferers can do without the last ingredient. Drink 2 tablespoons of the drink 4 times a day.
Recipe # 7 based on mummy
This specific product is excellent for treating swelling and congestion. If you are not afraid of its unpleasant smell and high price, then you can make compresses from the mummy for varicose veins. They only help well in the early stages of the disease. Mumiyo is mixed in a ratio of 1 to 5 with petroleum jelly. Stir the ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Rub the resulting ointment 3 times a day into the affected areas of the legs. Wash it off 1-2 hours after application. Some recommend consuming a mixture of mummy, honey and milk. It is prepared in a ratio of 1: 6: 6. The therapy lasts 1 month.
Recipe # 8 from Adam's apple
Maclu fruits are poisonous in themselves. You cannot eat them, like snake venom, but you can use them to create a homemade ointment. You will need lard (lard), Adam's apples, and a glass water bath. The container is filled fifteen millimeters with melted bacon, and then the Adam's apple slices are placed in a ten mm layer. The procedure is repeated until all the ingredients are used up. The last layer should be lard. After that, the container is put on a slow fire, the resulting mixture is heated, then filtered, cooled and used instead of ointment 2 times a day. In a similar way, you can cook pumpkin for varicose veins.
Recipe # 9 from lemon
Lemon treatment for varicose veins can be external and internal. Unfortunately, regular tea with this citrus will not help in any way in improving the tone of the veins, but pure lemon juice is a good way to prevent further vascular destruction. You can make a lemon compress. To do this, cut the citrus into circles and apply them to the affected areas. You need to wear such a compress all day, changing the circles for fresh ones every 3-4 hours. Of course, for a tight fixation, the leg is wrapped in bandages.
Potato Recipe # 10
This folk remedy is the most affordable, as this root vegetable can be purchased at any vegetable store. Treatment of varicose veins on the legs in women using potatoes is carried out in the following way:
- The root crop is washed and peeled, and then grated on a medium grater.
- The resulting gruel is spread on the place damaged by the disease.
- 8 layers of bandages or gauze are wound over the potatoes, and then everything is fixed with cling film.
The compress should be kept for about 4 hours. It is prepared from fresh potatoes. Lying potatoes are not suitable for these purposes.
Onion Recipe # 11
It is the onion peel that is effective for varicose veins, and not the vegetable itself. You can use it to strengthen your immune system, eat it raw, or cook some meals with it. Onion skins can be prepared in one of the following ways:
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion husks pour 500 ml of boiling water. The mixture is infused for 6 hours, and then filtered. Take it 3 times a day, 75 ml. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion skins are poured into 100 ml of vodka. The mixture is infused for 7 days in a cool, dark place. The resulting tincture is taken 20 drops per day, 3 times a day, 15 minutes before eating. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Recipe # 12 based on fish oil
Fish oil for varicose veins is most often taken orally. This product allows you to accelerate metabolism and get rid of fluid stagnation in the limbs.
If, for one reason or another, you dislike taking such a remedy, then you can make a compress from it. To do this, fish oil and honey are mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is spread on a cotton cloth or gauze, and then the limb affected by varicose veins is bandaged. Healers recommend using May honey for the compress, but if you don't have it at hand, you can take any other variety.
Celery Recipe # 13
Treatment of leg veins with folk remedies is not always straightforward. Celery for varicose veins is contraindicated for eating, but it can be added to carrot juice along with spinach.
Drink the resulting drink immediately. The ratio of carrot juice to other ingredients is 7: 3: 3.
Garlic Recipe # 14
Garlic for varicose veins is effective in the form of compresses. In this recipe, healers use the composition of this plant directly. It contains many essential oils that naturally irritate the vascular walls. Prepare a garlic compress for varicose veins as follows:
- Garlic, together with the husk, is crushed to a pulp state.
- Add 1 to 2 butter to the finely chopped product.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- The resulting ointment is applied to the affected veins before going to bed, and a bandage is wound on top. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Recipe # 15 based on wormwood
Among folk remedies for varicose veins of the legs, those that have wormwood in their composition are considered effective in the second stage of the disease. This plant promotes blood thinning, so it is effective in the second stage of the disease. The plant also stimulates digestion, improves the outflow of bile from the liver, and enhances overall metabolism. When used correctly, the plant contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microflora in the body. Wormwood for varicose veins can be used in different ways:
- The simplest recipe is to add 3 tablespoons of chopped herbs to a 500 ml jar, and then fill it to the top with vodka. You need to insist on the remedy for 14 days. After the tincture is ready, it is used to lubricate the damaged areas of the legs.
- Sour milk is taken from the plant for the compress. It is mixed with wormwood leaves and heads. The result should be a gruel. It is applied to the legs. The limbs are bandaged. It is recommended to make such a compress at night.
Despite the fact that wormwood is one of the effective plants against varicose veins, it should not be used for thrombophlebitis.
Rosehip recipe # 16
Folk recipes for varicose veins often include rosehip-based decoctions. Indeed, this plant has a rich vitamin composition. It contains magnesium, phosphorus, essential oils and other beneficial substances. But by itself, the rosehip with varicose veins will not force the body to regenerate. Rosehip tincture must be taken in small doses, as it can provoke blood clots and arrhythmias. For this reason, it is possible to treat varicose veins with this plant only after the official approval of a doctor. Doctors recommend treating with rose hips in the following cases:
- with severe mental or physical fatigue;
- with exacerbation of cholecystitis, to facilitate the outflow of bile;
- if the skin peels off strongly due to vitamin deficiency;
- if you have digestive problems.
Tincture is not difficult to prepare. 15 grams of plants are poured with 500 ml of boiling water, and then wait for the broth to cool.
Do not take this remedy on an empty stomach. It can only be consumed after meals. It is advisable to take about 100 ml of broth 3 times a day. For colds, you can add raspberries to the rosehip. This broth activates the body's immune system.
Nettle recipe # 17
Nettle for varicose veins helps to get rid of high platelet count. Treatment can be carried out both with the help of specialized decoctions, and by other methods. Treatment of the affected areas with a nettle broom is considered especially effective for the treatment of varicose veins. Movements should be from the feet to the hips. The first couple of hours the treated areas will itch, but then everything will pass. The advantage of this procedure is the activation of blood flow.
Herbal medicine for varicose veins also includes taking nettle-based decoctions. 2 tablespoons of dry leaves of the plant must be crushed, and then added to a thermos, pouring 2 cups of boiling water. The product should be infused for 3-4 hours. After the infusion is ready, it is consumed at 1/3 of the total volume 3 times a day. When the liquid runs out, you need to cook more.
Recipe # 18 based on aloe
With the help of aloe, varicose veins can be treated only in the initial stages. The plant promotes tissue regeneration, but in itself it is not necessary to help with the disease. It is recommended to combine it with drug therapy. Aloe for varicose veins can be used in the following ways:
- Rub the feet with aloe juice. This will help relieve muscle spasms and reduce leg swelling.
- Mix 100 grams of aloe juice with 5 grams of mummy. Legs are lubricated 2 times a day for 28 days. This remedy also promotes the healing of minor skin injuries, but it cannot be used for trophic ulcers.
- Mix the Kalanchoe and aloe juice in equal proportions, and then add 30 ml of vodka to them. Stir the mixture thoroughly and then use it to rub into your feet.
- Mix equal parts aloe juice, sea buckthorn and olive oil, and then rub the resulting mixture on the legs 2 times a day for 1. 5 months.
Recipe # 19 based on the Golden Mustache
Collision is known as a universal cure for various diseases. The effectiveness of the plant in the treatment of various ailments is very simple to explain. It has a rich composition. Using golden whiskers for varicose veins together with other herbs has a stronger effect than using a single herb. To improve blood flow, it is recommended to use the following folk remedy for varicose veins:
- 3-4 finely cut leaves of a golden mustache are mixed with 2 glasses of honey;
- add the juice of 6 lemons and 5 crushed heads of garlic to the mixture;
- The components are thoroughly mixed, covered in a glass container and infused for 7 days.
The resulting mixture is taken in 2 teaspoons 2 times a day for a month. This composition will help get rid of complications with varicose veins and reduce severe edema.
Lilac recipe # 20
Lilac tincture for varicose veins is made from leaves according to the standard scheme, that is, they fill half a 500 ml jar with them, and then add vodka there. The mixture is infused for a week, and then the limbs are coated with the resulting medicine. It is allowed to use the flowers of this plant instead of leaves. Traditional healers recommend using lilac bark in the fight against venous nodes. It is applied to the affected area, and from above is fixed with a bandage. You need to wear such a compress all day.
Recipe # 21 based on flax seeds
Use flaxseed for varicose veins if severe swelling is observed. This product will help get rid of excess fluid. Folk healers recommend using a decoction of flax seeds every 2 hours. Prepare it as follows:
- Put 500 ml of water on fire and bring to a boil;
- add 4 tablespoons of flaxseeds;
- the mixture is boiled for 15 minutes, and then cooled and, if necessary, filtered.
Take the resulting broth should be 4 tablespoons every 2 hours until the swelling becomes less. Be sure to read the contraindications to its use before using the product. They are on the seed package.
Mud Recipe # 22
Doctors are ambiguous about the treatment of varicose veins with mud. Some experts say that these procedures improve blood circulation, help the body get rid of toxins, while others argue that they can harm.
Mud treatment for varicose veins should be cold. At home, peloid therapy is carried out by means of body wraps. You will need:
- wooden bowl and spoon (metal cannot be used);
- cling film;
- dirt (available at a pharmacy or beauty store);
- various additives.
In some cases, clay can be added to the mud. These components work well with each other. The mixture is diluted with water at room temperature until sour cream, and then applied to the areas affected by varicose veins. This composition is kept on the skin for 1-2 hours. If you feel dry or tight, rinse off the dirt, check your body for allergies, and apply a moisturizer.
Recipe # 23 from carrots
Carrot tops for varicose veins have been used for 30 years. The top of the plant can be obtained from any summer resident. Before preparing the tincture from this part of the vegetable, it is necessary to scald the leaves with boiling water. This manipulation will relieve the plant of the bitter taste. A remedy for the treatment of varicose blood vessels can be prepared according to one of these recipes:
- For the broth, 10 tablespoons of finely chopped tops are mixed with 2 liters of water. The resulting mixture is heated over low heat, filtered, and then taken in 20 ml 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
- One tablespoon of dry raw materials is poured with 500 ml of boiled water, infused for 1 hour, and then consumed in 100 ml 3 times a day.
- A more concentrated infusion is prepared in a thermos. Pour 1 tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water, and then let it brew for 30 minutes. After the infusion has cooled down, drink it all. Take up to 5 servings of this product a day.
Clay Recipe # 24
This fine-grained sedimentary rock is used in various cosmetic procedures. It is best used for the treatment of vascular diseases, blue clay. It perfectly penetrates skin barriers and contains many beneficial trace elements. The most popular is the following clay recipe:
- 200-300 grams of dry raw materials are diluted with water to the consistency of thick sour cream;
- the resulting mixture is placed on areas where there are swollen veins (layer thickness - 2 cm);
- a terry towel is placed on top of the leather with clay;
- , if you wish, you can fix the applique with cling film.
Keep the resulting product on your feet for at least 2 hours. Folk healers recommend making an application every day. The duration of treatment is 1. 5 months. After the feet have improved, the thick clay mixture can be replaced with a terry towel soaked in clay solution.
Remember, clay isn't for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, replace the blue clay with red or pink if it is dry or irritated. If acne occurs, the product must be discarded.
Recipe # 25 from hydrogen peroxide
This folk technique is considered a little dangerous for health, and especially for the pancreas, so a doctor's consultation is required. Hydrogen peroxide from varicose veins is used in two ways. The first is to take the drug orally. 1 drop of peroxide is diluted in 3 tablespoons of water and consumed 2 hours after a meal. Every day, the concentration of the substance is increased by 1 drop, bringing it to 10 drops. After that, take a break for 72 hours and begin to take 10 drops every 2 days. Take a break of 3 days between doses.
The second method is more invasive. The patient prepares a 0. 015% hydrogen peroxide solution, and then injects it intravenously by drip. If you do not have experience in such manipulations, then it is better not to do it. This introduction of hydrogen promotes the release of atomic oxygen. The walls of blood vessels are cleansed, so the edema goes away. The maximum administered dose of the substance at a time is 250 ml.
Duration and rules of treatment with folk remedies
One of the main factors affecting the effectiveness of alternative treatment is the stage of the disease. With slight stretching of blood vessels, they will help relieve swelling, improve skin condition, and restore venous tone. Knowing what is afraid of varicose veins, you can prevent its further development, but you should not completely stop treatment after the symptoms of the disease disappear. You will have to repeat the procedures with the folk remedies that came up to you every 3-4 months in order to prevent relapse. Treatment rules:
- Mix the ingredients in the ratio recommended in the recipes.
- In case of burning, itching and other incomprehensible reactions, stop using the product.
- Use the finished medicine for the entire recommended treatment period, and not until the first improvements.
- Store in a cool place to prevent premature deterioration.
Combination with traditional treatment methods
It is possible to introduce traditional medicine into drug therapy only with the permission of a phlebologist. Remember that at least 2 hours should pass between the use of tinctures and different tablets. Using folk remedies, you should be clearly aware that they cannot replace medicines, although some healers claim that this is not so. Plus, some homemade drugs can pose a risk to life, so treatment with such methods must be carried out very carefully.
Possible risks and contraindications
Folk remedies are not a panacea. They themselves can cause allergies and other negative reactions from the body. The use of traditional medicine is contraindicated for the following ailments:
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- problems with blood clotting;
- liver and kidney diseases;
- advanced stage of varicose veins accompanied by vein thrombosis.
Patients are required to discuss any treatment with a doctor. It is not recommended to independently prescribe traditional medicine for yourself without examining the body.