Among vascular malformations, the most common is the varicose veins that mostly affects the lower extremities of a person. Today the statistics says that every third inhabitant of the planet is a patient phlebology because of problems with vessels of legs. Among them one third of the patients are women, so questions about how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women, the most relevant.
So how at risk are more often women, modern medicine, and innovative techniques to develop a number of methods for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. One can clearly impact the treatment of varicose veins should engage relevant specialist vascular surgeon. Additionally, this treatment of women should be based on two principles — regularity and complexity.
Signs of varicose veins of the legs in women
In order to timely detect varicose veins in women, it is important to know the specifics of this disease and what signs and symptoms can signal its development. Varicose veins is a pathological process, to be exact increase of the venous lumen as a result of decrease of elasticity and tone of the vascular wall. This leads to abnormal stretching of the walls of the vessel, reflux of blood, disruption of the venous valves, and blood stasis.
The disease is characterized by prolonged course and slow development framework in this regard to detect the varicose veins of the feet is very difficult in the initial stages. The circulation may take years before a woman will feel the first signs of varicose veins. The symptoms in the early stages is a feeling of heaviness, swelling in the legs and fatigue.
These symptoms often notice women because of professional activities for a long time in one position. In the future, may be other symptoms of varicose veins:
- bulge the walls of blood vessels on the skin surface;
- manifestation of vascular mesh on the legs;
- the appearance of spider veins;
- itching of the symptoms veins;
- calf muscle spasms are involuntary in nature, particularly at night.
To see a specialist is important when detection of at least one of these symptoms. To advise on such matters can the internist, vascular surgeon or. If you delay going to the doctor, to symptoms of varicose veins added to blood clots, bulging knots of large veins, thrombophlebitis (inflammation of veins), and venous ulcers on the skin of the feet.
While the specialist does not identify the exact causes of vascular disease, to cure varicose veins on the legs in women will be almost impossible. Any disease requires study of its etiology and preconditions, and after removing it you can suppress the pathological process. Before the doctor faces the task of finding the reasons that led to violation of the outflow of blood.
Lead to varicose veins can excessive flow of blood to the lower extremities, difficulty of drainage of blood from the vessels up, which results in further deformation of the vessels, brittleness and friability of the vascular wall, further damage to the wall. First begin to expand the vein, after which the skin of the feet is manifested vascular wall, bulges and knots.
Due to such damage of the vascular wall and the lymph congestion occurs, it provokes the appearance of edema, feelings of heaviness and pain. On the legs begins to deteriorate skin that is itchy and scaly.
Most often at risk of varicose veins fall into the following categories of women:
- age over 30 years old.
- obesity or excess weight;
- cardiovascular disease;
- predisposition and heredity of varicose veins.
Additionally, these same doctors will take those women that are in the same body position, sitting or standing. You need to understand that if untreated, varicose veins leads to severe consequences — necrosis, thrombosis, ulcers and eczema.
Drugs (gels and ointments) for external use
Varicose veins treatment mainly on 1 and 2 stage of development, if diagnosed stage 3, the chances of suppression of pathology small. Treatment should be complex, as drug therapy, doctors usually prescribe taking the drug internal applications and external applications.
Most often, local treatment of varicose veins involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory ointments and gels that returns vessels elasticity, strength and normal forms, as well as improve blood circulation. In addition, the doctor may prescribe those ointments that relieve pain. Also eliminate the acute symptoms of varicose veins can ointment and cream based on heparin and indomethacin.
Tablets varicose veins
As mentioned previously, if the varicose veins in women has reached 2 or 3 stage of development, the attending doctor is required to appoint oral presentation of the special preparations that are used in conjunction with the means of external application. Tablets can be painkillers and anti-inflammatories
The most popular tablets from varicose veins are special drugs that improve blood circulation and blood flow, and also reduce the permeability of the vessel walls. In turn means prevent the appearance of stagnant processes in of blood, improving its outflow.
Surgically to cure varicose veins on the legs in women only if drug treatment was ineffective and the doctor gives purpose to the fundamental techniques of therapy. Most often performed on patients that suffer from varicose veins of the legs 3 and 4 stages. If in addition the doctors see chronic venous insufficiency will require preparatory conservative therapy.
There are several methods of surgical treatment of varicose veins in women:
- Phlebectomy — surgical excision those veins, because pathology has been extended and modified.
- Sclerotherapy — using injection specialist injects medication into the affected portion of the vessel, causing it to stick together. Next, the flow enters only in healthy vessels, and glued Vienna is gradually resorbed.
- Laser photocoagulation on the affected area begins to impact laser irradiation of the high frequency profile.
- Radio wave treatment is the most low-invasive and painless method of treatment that does not involve hospital and rehabilitation.
In the future a favorable outcome of any of these methods of therapy will depend on patient's compliance with all recommendations and instructions of physician. To facilitate recovery should the right way of life, diet, wearing compression underwear as well as equal distribution of work and rest.
Folk remedies and methods
In addition to basic therapy, which will appoint a medical specialist to treat varicose veins on the legs in women can be additionally at home with the help of folk recipes. This home treatment will help to cope with the symptoms of varicose veins, as well as speed up the healing process.
- Night compresses an excellent job with the swelling, itching and pain of varicose veins. To fulfill the need compresses at night for 4-6 weeks to do this, use the following ingredients:
- cabbage leaves, wash and scald with boiling water;
- grated potato;
- aloe and Kalanchoe;
- grated the soap, mixed with a small amount of warm water;
- solution of Apple cider vinegar with water.
For applying the compress, take a piece of gauze, fold it into several layers, moisten in the prepared materials and put to the right place. A bandage fix dressing, which is removed in the morning.
- Soda that is used for compresses, lotions and rubbing. In 100 ml of water dissolve a spoonful of baking soda, obtained by means of wipe the affected areas, rinse these areas with water is not required. If you need to make a compress or lotion, in this solution moisten a swab of cotton wool, applying with the aid of a bandage to the feet. The course of treatment is a minimum of 1 month.
- Tincture of ginseng as a tonic. To prepare a tincture, take 600 ml of vodka and 150 grams of dry root of the plant. Mix the ingredients, the infusion is sent for 2 weeks in a dark and cool place, constantly shaking the container with the contents. Strained tincture 1-2 teaspoons take on an empty stomach daily to 4 times.
If we talk about large varicose veins, traditional medicine recommends taking a soda bath for the feet. To do this in 2 litres of hot water dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda, the resulting solution is added to the water in the bathroom. The duration of one session does not exceed 20 minutes, to repeat such manipulations can be 10 times 2 times every 7-10 days.
Exercises and gymnastics
If to increase locomotor activity, it is possible to improve the condition and functioning of the vascular system and blood circulation. Doctors prescribe physiotherapy to those patients that most of the day spend in the standing position. To perform a set of exercises in the morning, as the charging parties and all takes no more than 10 minutes.
The set of exercises against varicose veins consists of the following exercises:
- Workout for muscles, namely, the trunk bending in different directions, rotational movement of the head, hand, leg lifts, you can also perform dance moves.
- The following exercise performed on the Mat, such as Cycling, mixing and dilution leg scissors, leg lifts off the floor and lowering, the raising and lowering of the pelvis.
- Stretching helps to increase the blood flow and blood supply. It can be an exercise plie — a gradual squat with widely divorced feet. Also useful would be lunges forward first on the right, then to left leg. You can perform pull-UPS, lying and standing.
To do the exercises often as the patient will allow the physical condition of the body. It is important that exercises do not cause discomfort and pain. More complex types of exercises for varicose veins of the legs need to perform under the supervision of a specialist.
If the patient is observed varicose veins running form, exercise and gymnastics only after the approval of the doctor in the special underwear. Such precautions will help protect the affected vessels from sprain and injuries.