One of varieties of varicose veins is varices reticular. In this pathology affects not large vessels, and veins close to the skin. These small veins are well visible and impair the appearance.
Features of the development of the disease
Reticular varicose veins is not an independent disease. This initial stage of the ordinary varicose veins. Another name for this disease – varicose veins net. The disease manifests itself in the form of small veins or veins that mostly occur on the legs.
Reticular varicose veins are small subcutaneous blood vessels and capillaries. In medical practice, reticular veins called telangiectasia.
Plexus of vessels can be different: linear, reticulated, spider, spotted.
You will see this cosmetic defect with age. This pathology is no danger is not.
Reticular varices are found mainly in women. To affect the appearance of the disease may different factors. The main reason for the development of pathology in the violation of the tone of the veins.
Most often the disease develops during pregnancy, as the load on the legs increases, as a result, the blood flow is impaired. Also on the development of this type of disease can influence the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy and during menopause.
Other reasons for the development of reticular veins:
- Genetic predisposition;
- The load on the feet during long walks;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Wearing things that pull;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Liver disease;
- Injuries of extremities;
- Solar radiation;
- Diseases of the skin.
Problem with the venous system can occur with a lack of vitamins in the body or an unbalanced diet.
Very often the venous network appear in women who often work standing up is a hairdressers, teachers, salespeople etc.
All these reasons can cause the formation of small venous nets, which will lead to the deterioration of health and appearance of feet.
Concentrations of vascular veins mostly appear below the knees or at the hips. These veins are bluish in color and a reddish tinge. They vary in size, degree of brightness. If you put pressure on the affected area, the spider veins disappear and then appear again.
Reticular varicose veins of the feet is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Pain in the legs
- Heaviness in the legs
- Cramps in the calf muscles
- Itching in the lower leg and feet
These signs of developing the disease increase tonight and after a severe burden on feet. Normally this kind of varicose veins not only makes itself known when driving.
If you do not take any measures for the removal of vascular veins, the disease will move to the next stage.
Then the veins fall, are formed units, during walking the patient feels the pain. Even if the symptoms slightly, it is not a reason to postpone the visit to the doctor. To treat varicose veins in the form of networks is necessary at the initial stage, since the disease can lead to various complications.
The popular treatment
People use treatment methods appropriate for initial stages of development of varicose veins, occurs when veins less than 0.5 mm.
People advice on the treatment of varicose veins:
- To increase the elasticity of blood vessels apply tincture of horse chestnut. A tincture can be purchased at the drugstore or make your own. You take the dry chestnut and mix with vodka in a ratio of 1:10. Mix everything and leave for 20 days. To be taken several times a day 40 drops.
- To reduce the pain and heaviness in the legs use the tincture on the basis of the nutmeg. Teaspoon of nutmeg powder should be taken with plain water in the morning on an empty stomach for several days. Powder can be purchased in the store or in the pharmacy.
- Effective tool in the fight against varicose veins is the infusion of sweet clover. Take 2 teaspoons of the herbs and pour two cups of hot water. Leave the infusion for about 4 hours. Take the remedy 30 minutes before meals for 1/3 Cup. It is important to remember that clover is a poisonous plant, so taking the infusion should be only after consultation with your doctor.
In addition to infusions and decoctions are widely used compresses, lotions, products for external use:
- Birch buds against varicose veins. Dried kidney pour in half-liter jar 1/3 of the whole vessel. Then pour the kidneys with vodka and leave for 10 days. After a specified period of time to smear the infusion of the affected area.
- Foot baths used a decoction of white willow bark. Hot water (2 cups), pour 2 tablespoons of chopped willow bark. Boil the broth for 20 minutes, then use as directed. After a foot bath put on a special therapeutic knit.
Traditional methods of treatment used as adjuvant and maintenance therapy.
Besides pharmacotherapy, there are other ways of treatment of reticular veins:
- Sclerotherapy. The procedure is to use special chemical substances which are injected using a fine needle inside the capillary or vein. Depending on the amount of vascular branching in the duration of the procedure is different and varies from 5 to 60 minutes. After the procedure on the affected area of the patient wearing the bandage. Wear it should be within 4-10 days.
- Laser coagulation. To get rid of the vessels for a short period of time. Because of this, this method of treatment is more effective in contrast to other methods. The laser acts on the affected vessels, as a result of a sealing of the blood vessels. When exposed to laser, the patient may feel a slight discomfort. After three treatments you can see the result.
- Micro-phlebectomy. The doctor performs a small puncture, and then pulls the vein to the surface. After that it is ligated and cut off. Such manipulation is carried out with all the affected veins. Surgery is performed under local anesthesia. The procedure is carried out without the use of chemicals or sclerosing agents. It should be noted that after several treatments, the scars and welts on the skin does not remain.
Possible complications and prevention
In many cases, the disease is painless, however, treat the pathology is still needed. At the first signs you should consult a qualified professional. Otherwise, vascular mesh on the legs begins to increase.
Some symptoms may indicate a complication of this disease:
- Bleeding within the skin;
- Swelling of the lower extremities;
- Cramps in the muscles;
- Bleeding from the affected veins.
If left untreated reticular varicose veins, it can lead to chronic venous insufficiency.
To avoid the appearance of vascular network on the legs, should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Before sleep take a cool shower for the feet.
- Play sports, perform a variety of exercises for the legs and joints.
- While for a long time in the sitting position, should perform exercises to increase blood flow in the veins.
- It is helpful to use the pool, steam room and sauna.
- It is important to change your lifestyle: to adjust the diet, lose weight, etc.
People who are at risk, these rules must necessarily adhere to. They also need to wear special compression stockings, to follow the diet, give up bad habits.