Sometimes, however, clearly stands on legs blue veins, called varicose veins, while exercise is the main cause of discomfort and pain in the legs. And then the question arises: is it possible to exercise with varicose veins?
Consider how compatible the sport and varicose veins, and what might be exercising with varicose veins.
Sports and varicose veins: is it a good idea?
In modern medicine varicose veins called one of the types of changes the veins, which is manifested in the form of expansion, increasing the superficial veins and is accompanied by a disruption of blood flow. The disease, which, according to statistics, more often affects women, brings a lot of trouble: venous grid on the legs, not only looks very unattractive and is accompanied by painful sensations, but also leads to dangerous disease – thrombophlebitis.
However, the varicose veins, contrary to popular belief, is not the cause of the failure from the sport. Sports and varicose veins – it is quite compatible concepts, moreover, a properly selected set of exercises can improve the circulation of blood in the vessels and prevent the progression and development of disease.
So sport became a friend, not an enemy of varicose veins, you need to follow some rules:
- To take into account the intensity of physical activity. The main rule of the sport with varicose veins is better lighter but more often. Therefore, the increase in intensity of the loads implies an increase in the number of repetitions, and not the complexity of the exercises and the speed of their execution.
- To choose the "right" exercises. Exercise with varicose veins of the lower extremities should not be limited to force loads. The best option for people suffering from a similar ailment, will be all kinds of flexion and rotation at the ankle, hip and knee joints, exercises the type of "toe-heel", "scissors" and "Bicycle".
- To be in shape. To soften the shock wave when running or jumping, you need to take care about choosing the "right" clothes and shoes. Experts recommend people suffering from varicose veins, to prefer athletic shoes with "air cushion". In addition, such shoes should not be tight, otherwise it can cause impaired blood flow in the legs. And to maintain venous wall during strong tension legs experts advise to choose a compression garment. This is not only useful, but also comfortable!
Train Vienna: what to choose?
Varicose veins is of great importance to motor activity. However, not every exercise may be useful for varicose veins. So, people suffering from that disease, experts advise not to do step aerobics as it gives too much load on the legs and can cause discomfort and severe pain in the legs; and callanetics, which is based on the power of the static load. But fitness for varicose veins, contrary to popular belief, on the contrary, can be useful of course, if you do it under the supervision of a fitness instructor and do not exceed recommended load.
Leading experts and coach of varicose veins advised to give preference to yoga and Pilates, which involve a slow and cautious work. Besides, most exercises in these directions are in reverse positions.
No less useful for varicose veins walking. Measured and unhurried, it will improve circulation in the legs and will make an excellent prevention of varicose veins. A similar effect has and Cycling. During Cycling a person carries out a rotational movement due to which the blood begins to circulate more quickly through the veins, thereby reducing the phenomena associated with venous stasis.
However, the most useful for varicose veins will become exercises in water, in particular water aerobics and swimming. Their effectiveness is due to the fact that water has a significant pressure on the muscles, toning them and improving venous outflow. In addition, in the water, you can perform any exercises, including those that are banned onshore.
Physiotherapy exercises varicose veins
Despite the fact that intensive exercise is contraindicated for varicose veins, there are special exercises that relieves tension in the legs, promote blood flow, eliminate stagnation of venous blood, therefore, to get rid of this insidious ailment. What exercises can I do with varicose veins? Consider a sample set of exercises from varicose veins on the legs.
Exercises in standing position
- Stand straight, putting the feet parallel to each other. Climb on your toes and descend to the starting position. Repeat 20-25 times.
- Walk around the floor alternately to the heels, socks and ski step (without lifting the stop from the surface). The duration of the walk is 3-5 minutes.
Exercises in the sitting position
- Sit in a chair, lift your left leg off the floor and rotate the foot clockwise (15-20 spins), then in the opposite direction. At the end, do the same exercise with your right foot.
- In the sitting position bend and Flex the toes, as if trying to hold them at the surface. Keep tension in the fingers before the onset of fatigue. Then relax, relax and repeat this exercise several times.
Exercises lying on your back
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and pedal an imaginary bike. In this exercise, it is very important to straighten the legs until the end.
- Lying on your back, pull your legs to your chest, straighten them, hold and slowly lower. Repeat this exercise 5-8 times.
- Take a horizontal position, arms stretched along the body. Raise your legs above the level of the floor and start to cross them, simulating the work of scissors. Independently adjust the rhythm and pace of the exercise, however, note that your breathing should always be smooth.
As you can see, these exercises for varicose veins do not require great physical effort, they can easily perform at home. They are extremely useful at the first signs of the disease and with proper, regular implementation can be an excellent prevention of varicose veins for a long period, delaying the worsening of varicose symptoms.