Varicose veins are one of the most common diseases of modern people. Symptoms, disease course and consequences are quite predictable. After the diagnosis of varicose veins is made, medicine usually recommends methods of treatment with surgery. But there are special ways to cure this disease. Varicose veins on the legs are treated with folk remedies.
In order not to become a frequent visitor to the phlebologist's office, it is enough for a person to take care of their health and to prevent this disease.
Due to low physical activity, wearing uncomfortable tight clothes and shoes, as well as constant stress, varicose veins of the lower extremities can develop. Measures to prevent the disease will not take much time and physical strength, so it is worth knowingly taking care of the condition of the veins.
Preventive methods are painless and affordable, and also have "folk" roots.
The main methods of preventing the disease:
- Lack of "out of size" shoes. Uncomfortable shoes are the first cause of insidious vein disease. If a woman wears shoes with heels above 5 cm every day, then varicose veins of the legs at an older age are provided for her.
- After a hard day and high physical exertion, it is recommended to arrange a "minute of rest" for the legs. You can prepare a herbal infusion bath and relax. It will not be superfluous to carry out self-massage and rest in a prone position with raised legs for 15 minutes.
- Do not wear tight clothing such as socks, knee-highs or stockings with a tight elastic band.
- Walking barefoot on sea pebbles and sand is helpful.
- Excessive consumption of salty and spicy foods in combination with alcoholic products leads to impaired blood circulation and the formation of thrombotic clots. Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of bad eating habits.
- Sports activities ("bicycle", "birch", walking on tiptoes) before the onset of painful symptoms will be an excellent preventive measure.
- If you are a fan of sitting cross-legged, it is worth getting rid of this habit. So veins are squeezed and blood flow deteriorates.
- Frequent hot baths and saunas are not beneficial to the lower limbs. After hot water, rinse them cool to tone the vessels.
- The best preventive measure is to wear compression underwear (stockings or tights). Now doctors recommend this underwear to all pregnant women as a prevention of varicose veins. Pantyhose distribute the pressure on the veins evenly and the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms decreases.
- Visiting a number of doctors: from a phlebologist to an orthopedist. The phlebologist will assess the condition of the veins, blood vessels and blood flow. The podiatrist will find out if you have flat feet, which is also the cause of the formation of varicose veins.
Symptoms of the manifestation of varicose veins on the lower extremities complicate the patient's life. "The first bells" will be buzzing, heaviness and a feeling of numbness in the legs.
The acute form of varicose veins of the legs does not manifest itself immediately, but gradually increases and suggests a problem with the help of the following symptoms:
- Feeling of "cast-iron" feet, especially in the evening after a working day;
- Pain in the lower extremities, burning in the veins and a feeling of warmth;
- Swelling that appears in the evening and disappears with the onset of the morning;
- The manifestation of veins on the skin of the legs (twisting, swelling);
- "Stars" of blood vessels;
- Feeling of fullness in the legs.
Folk remedies have a number of advantages over drug treatment. The main thing is cheap and almost complete absence of side effects. However, in order to cure varicose veins, it is necessary to use a combination of treatment methods: from the help of medicines to the use of traditional medicine.
The use of folk advice will be effective in the first stage of the disease, that is, when you find symptoms such as heaviness in the lower extremities, "venous mesh", convulsions.
In more advanced cases and an acute course of varicose veins, medical and sometimes surgical intervention by medical personnel is mandatory.
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins in the lower extremities:
- Baking soda. Dissolve 1 packet of baking soda in a tub filled to the top with water. If you need a smaller portion, then dilute 5 to 7 tablespoons of baking soda in 5 liters of water. The water should be hot, but not scalding. The bath should be taken no more than 30 minutes. If you wish, you can "bathe" only your feet, then the reception is no more than 15 minutes.
- Grape leaves. Stir 50 g of dried grapevine leaves in 3 liters of water brought to boiling water. You need to insist the bath for several hours, then heat the water to an acceptable temperature. Dip your feet in water and keep them there for 15-20 minutes.
- Horse chestnut. Horse chestnut bark is mixed with chamomile (flowers) and stinging nettle. Take equal proportions, all 10 g each. Pour the resulting mixture with 3 liters of water brought to a boil and leave for 1 hour. Strain the finished infusion, warm to a comfortable temperature and place your feet in the bath. Duration of admission is half an hour. You can carry out this procedure at least every day. After the bath, put on compression hosiery (stockings or tights).
Compresses for varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Garlic. The head of garlic must be crushed or finely grated for vegetables. The ointment is prepared as follows: one part of garlic is mixed with two parts of butter. The mixture should be applied as a lotion to a painful place and wrapped with a bandage, and on top with a warm thing (for example, a scarf). Keep the ointment all night long. You can wash it off in the morning.
- Sour milk and wormwood. To make a solution-compress, it is necessary to combine sour milk with chopped wormwood (you can use a blender for chopping). You should get a mushy state. Spread this porridge on a gauze napkin and cover your leg overnight. Secure the top with any material or adhesive. This event can be held for 5 consecutive nights. A break for several days and repetition is possible.
- Healing Kalanchoe (plant). Place Kalanchoe pinnate leaves in a 1 liter jar. The leaves should fill exactly half of the container. Pour 70% alcohol into the jar to the top and leave for 14 calendar days. Place it in a dark place. Shake the contents of the container every day. Lubricate the lower extremities, including the feet, with tincture every night before bedtime.
- Apple vinegar. It is necessary to purchase apple cider vinegar (3-4%) and wipe the areas of the skin with protruding veins with it in the morning and evening. Internal use is also possible. On an empty stomach, in the morning and in the evening before taking dinner, you can drink 1 glass of water diluted with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apples. 1 kg of Antonovka apples, chop finely or chop in a blender. Pour the resulting mass into 1 liter of boiling water. Insist for about 2 hours, then mash in applesauce. The mass must be rubbed into the lower extremities 1 time per day. The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator and heated in a water bath before use.
- Blue clay. Purchase blue clay and mix it with hot, but not boiling, water. Milk whey can be used instead of water. You should get a homogeneous thick mass that resembles sour cream. The affected area of the skin is covered with this mass with a layer of about 2 cm. Wrap it with a towel, and on top with a warm wool cloth. The compress can be removed after 2 hours.
- Lilac. You can make a tincture of lilac flowers as follows: pour alcohol (or vodka) into a 0. 5 liter jar and add lilac flowers (50 g). Lilac can be replaced with white acacia. You need to insist the solution within 14 calendar days. Then strain the solution through a strainer and use for rubbing the skin affected by varicose veins. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Making any "folk" ointment at home begins with the basics. The base is oil. Use vegetable or olive. Olive oil is more useful as it contains arachidonic acid, which strengthens blood vessels and vein walls.
To make the ointment thick, add natural pet fat (chicken, lamb, pork) to the oil. If desired, you can purchase Omega-3 fatty acids at any pharmacy and add to the prepared mixture. 5 capsules of fatty acids are opened and poured into an ointment at the end of production. Mix well. The basis of the therapeutic mass is ready.
Storage is mandatory in the refrigerator. However, treatment for varicose veins of the lower extremities with ointments should be carried out with the addition of the following beneficial substances:
- Horse chestnut. Grind dried chestnuts (7 pieces) and its flowers (2 tablespoons) to a powdery state (you can use a blender or coffee grinder). Add the mass to 300 ml of olive or vegetable oil. Heat the mixture in a water bath for about 60 minutes. Leave to cool and then strain through a fine sieve. You need to add pet fat to the resulting solution (after dissolving it). Shake the mixture and wait for the mass to thicken. Omega3 fatty acid capsules can be added if desired. Apply this product to the lower extremities before going to bed. Bandage your legs. The procedure lasts from 14 calendar days to 2 months, depending on how you feel. The ointment also has a healing effect.
- Ointment from anti-inflammatory herbs (chicory, coltsfoot, chamomile (flowers), St. John's wort, meadowsweet (flowers), cuff (leaves). Mix 1 teaspoon of the listed dry herbs in a saucepan and pour half a glass of water. Boil for 5minutes, stirring. Cool the solution and dilute with fat of domestic animals (chicken, pork or lamb). Ointment is applied to the sore spot with inflamed veins and covered with a fixing bandage. The dressing should be changed 2-3 times a day. The procedure can last about 7 calendar days.
- Ointment using honey. In a glass of vegetable or olive oil, add 100 g of beeswax and 100 g of coniferous tree resin. Cook the resulting mixture over a fire for 10 minutes and then add 2 tablespoons of honey. Boil the mixture for another 10 minutes. And again add a new component - 2 g of propolis. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Leave the mass to cool, strain through a strainer and store in a glass container. Apply the ointment to the surface of the legs affected by varicose veins 3 times a day.
- An ointment from different components is the most effective remedy for varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies. Mix the following ingredients, 15 ml each: pet fat, ichthyol ointment, honey, laundry soap (first grate on a fine grater), Vishnevsky ointment, juice of onions and aloe leaves. Heat the resulting mass over a fire, but do not bring to a boil. The mixture is excellent for vasodilatation. Lubricate her "stars" veins before going to bed. Cover the area with a gauze bandage and secure. You do not need to remove the bandage the next day. The new procedure starts the next evening. The course lasts until the prepared ointment ends.
Diet for varicose veins
Nutrition is the key to the health of any person. Vessels of veins are elastic and they also need to be "nourished". There is no special diet for varicose veins. But the inclusion in the daily diet of foods containing protein, carbohydrates and omega acids helps to cope with the symptoms of varicose veins and make you feel better. Raw vegetables and fruits will be useful for blood vessels, strengthening them.
- Nettle infusion. Boil water. Pour 2 tablespoons of nettle leaves with a glass of boiling water. The liquid should be infused, followed by filtering. Drink ј glass 3 times a day. The course of admission can be a calendar month. Break for 14 days and then repeat again.
- Nutmeg. Pour 1 teaspoon (no top) of ground nutmeg with a glass of boiling water. Add a tablespoon of honey to the solution. It costs about half an hour to infuse the broth. Before eating (1 hour), you need to drink 1 glass of the folk remedy. Drink another 1 glass 2 hours after eating.
- Horse chestnut. Pour half a liter of alcohol into a jar and add 50 g of horse chestnut flowers. You need to insist the solution within 14 calendar days. It is necessary to shake the tincture every day. After that, strain well and take orally 1 tablespoon 3 times a day before meals. Drink immediately with water.
- Hop. Pour the dried hop cones with a glass of boiling water. Leave to infuse for about 1 hour. The solution can be used both internally and externally. Internal use: the broth should be drunk half an hour before each meal, 1 glass. External use: a bandage or gauze napkin dipped in this broth is applied to the legs in the morning and evening. The duration of treatment is at least six months. Breaks of 14 calendar days are required after a month of using the folk method.
Important!Nutmeg is poisonous. The maximum dosage at a time is no more than 1 teaspoon without top, and preferably about 3-5 g.
Folk remedies for leg edema
Being overweight causes significant pressure on the legs. Even an extra ten kilograms will negatively affect the veins. The elasticity of the vessels decreases and the blood stagnates in the lower extremities as a result of which edema occurs.
- Horse chestnut ointment. An excellent remedy for swelling of the legs will be the use of horse chestnut ointment, prepared by yourself (the recipe is described above). Chestnut is one of the most popular venotonics. Its properties help to strengthen the walls of the veins, reduce the level of vascular permeability. As a result, the swelling disappears. This ointment relieves pain and improves blood microcirculation. The risk of blood clots forming is reduced.
- Dill broth. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of dill seeds into 0. 3 liters of hot boiling water. Pour the broth into a thermos and leave overnight. The infusion should be drunk at 0. 15 liters before breakfast and before bedtime. The duration of treatment is 21 calendar days. You can take a break for 3 days and, if necessary, continue taking the broth.
- Flax seeds. Place 4 teaspoons of flax seeds in a liter jar of water. Boil for 15 minutes and place in a warm place. Leave the broth to infuse and strain through a fine strainer. Drink half a glass every 2 hours. The maximum number of appointments is 8 times a day. For comfortable use, you can add a couple of tablespoons of lemon or orange juice. A noticeable result will appear within 2-3 weeks.
- Edema bath. Pour a handful of sea salt into warm water and add a few drops of essential peppermint oil. Dip your feet into the water and sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse your feet with cold water. The end of the procedure with self-massage of the feet and legs will be a big plus. Such a bath tones up blood vessels and helps to get rid of edema.
- Potato compress. Grate one large potato on a fine vegetable grater. Coat your feet with this mass and bandage it with a bandage to fix the potato gruel. You can use a plastic bag. The compress must be kept for at least 2 hours. Safe for any category of women and men.
Folk remedies for thinning blood
To get rid of the symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities, it is necessary to thin the blood. With age, blood thickens and as a result, blood flow becomes difficult, and the risk of blood clots increases. Vessels become less elastic.
Popular methods of traditional medicine in terms of blood thinning for varicose veins include:
- Reception of a significant amount of water, depending on the patient's weight.
- Diet and eating certain foods. Thinning blood: weak green tea without sugar, dairy products, apricots, lemon, cranberries, lingonberries, raspberries, grapes, grapefruit, figs, orange juice, flaxseed oil, fatty fish (mackerel, herring), wheat germ, ginger.
- Ginkgo biloba. Pour half a liter of vodka into a jar and add 50 g of ginkgo biloba leaves. Dispense the solution within 14 calendar days. The tincture can be taken orally 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is a month. You can take a break for a week and repeat the course of treatment.
- Donnik. Pour half a liter of boiling water into a thermos and add 1 tablespoon of sweet clover herb. Leave the broth in a thermos for 2 hours, strain through a fine sieve and drink 1/3 of the glass 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 1 calendar month.
- Chestnut (peel). Pour half a liter of vodka into the chestnut peel (50 g). Insist for 14 days, then pass through a sieve and take 30 drops orally, diluted with water. It can be consumed up to several times a day before taking food. The duration of treatment is 21 calendar days.
- White willow bark (contains natural asypirin). 1 tablespoon of white willow bark is poured with boiling water (1 glass). Boil the broth for 10 minutes. Insist for 1 hour and pass through a strainer. Dilute to original volume with water. Drink 2 tablespoons before meals 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 10 calendar days.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities are much more common in women than in men. But the question "how to treat varicose veins on the legs of men with folk remedies" also remains relevant. The methods of alternative treatment in this case are the same.
It is important to pay attention not to the sex of the person, but to his general history and health status, allergic reactions or a high level of sensitivity to one or another component.
After analyzing these factors, a patient with varicose veins can choose a "recipe" that suits him. However, consultation with a phlebology specialist is required.
- Review number 1: After giving birth, under the kneecaps I noticed how blue wreaths began to appear, then "stars" appeared. Before that, I noticed the heaviness and swelling of the legs. Immediately she took up herself and periodically did foot baths. Relaxes and helps to relieve swelling. I definitely advise you to lie down with your legs raised every day, at least for 15 minutes.
- Review number 2: I never thought that varicose veins would catch me, although my mother also had it. On her advice, I decided to try folk remedies for the treatment of varicose veins of the legs. Saw a broth with nutmeg. Tasty! But not more. It seems to me that a strong effect of using this method cannot be achieved. Maybe it was necessary to do something else and to be treated in a comprehensive manner. As a result, I went to see a phlebologist, who prescribed special ointments for me.
- Review number 3: I tried several folk recipes for varicose veins of the legs. I did not notice any particular effect. I decided to buy blue clay and mix it with milk whey. About a month she smeared her legs with varicose veins. I stopped feeling heaviness in my legs, it became much easier to stand. At least I got a feeling of relaxation.
The diagnosis of "varicose veins" does not become a lifelong sentence. Folk remedies are quite effective and have been tested by many people. However, before using traditional methods, consult a specialist with a higher medical education. Do not drive yourself to the peak of the illness.