Varicose veins are a widespread disease throughout the world, especially among women. The chronic course and constant deterioration of well-being makes the dilated veins, invisible at first, a serious threat to human health and quality of life. However, there are effective ways to combat the progression of the disease, and the most important of them is compression garments for varicose veins. At the same time, linen can be quickly and easily ordered through the online store. In this case, it is very important to choose the right compression stockings and other orthopedic products.
Effects of using compression garments
The use of various compression underwear for varicose veins is scientifically determined and helps to reduce the progression of the disease due to several mechanisms:
- compression underwear provides uniform pressure on the lower limb, while having its gradient - at the level of the foot and lower leg, the pressure is higher than at the level of the thigh, which contributes to the redistribution and outflow of blood in the upper direction;
- such medical products improve blood circulation in peripheral tissues, and thereby prevent the development of trophic disorders;
- By improving outflow and preventing blood stagnation, compression products reduce the risk of blood clots and related complications.
Such complex effects of compression hosiery make it very popular both among doctors and among patients with varicose veins of the lower extremities. Compression stockings for varicose veins show high efficiency.
Contraindications to the use of compression hosiery
Any method of treatment has contraindications, and compression garments are no exception. In this regard, in no case can you use it yourself, even if you have diagnosed varicose veins. It is necessary to contact your attending physician and together with him decide on the use of this remedy and choose compression stockings for varicose veins.
Contraindications for use:
- Any disease characterized by a decrease in the lumen of blood vessels and a deterioration in the nutrition of peripheral tissues - atherosclerosis, obliterating endarteritis, Takayasu's disease, etc. With these diseases, a small amount of blood flows to the lower extremities and additional compression of the tissues can significantly worsen their nutrition.
- Diseases of the skin of the lower extremities, due to the risk of additional irritation and worsening of the course of the disease.
- With concomitant diabetes mellitus, such underwear should be used with great care because of the risk of developing trophic disorders in the lower extremities.
- Chronic heart failure, severe, manifested by circulatory disorders, even at rest.
Applying elastic bandages
Orthopedic stockings for varicose veins and other types of special knitwear are not the only way to treat varicose veins. Very often, ordinary elastic bandages also help, allowing you to also create external pressure on the venous apparatus of the lower extremities. However, despite the possibility of application and a very low price, elastic bandages are difficult to apply correctly, while maintaining the same level of pressure.
Elastic bandages and other types of underwear are best applied in the morning, right after getting out of bed. The best position for this is lying down with your legs raised and bent at a 90-degree angle. Most often, patients do not bandage themselves, but their relatives or any other trained person do it.
Before using elastic bandages, you must consult your doctor and undergo special training, otherwise their use can only bring harm.
Types of compression underwear
Today, in pharmacies and medical institutions, a wide range of compression hosiery is presented, which is able to correct the tone of the venous vessels. First of all, all types of such underwear can be divided into three large groups:
- preventive - creates a little pressure and allows you to prevent the development of varicose veins on the lower extremities;
- therapeutic - used in people with varicose veins and prevents the development of the disease;
- hospital, or inpatient - used in a medical hospital in the postoperative period.
Preventive medical jersey is indicated for people leading a sedentary lifestyle with prolonged static loads - long standing or sitting. This type of underwear creates a slight pressure on the tissues of the lower limb, which prevents the development of edema, pain syndrome and expansion of superficial veins at the end of the day. The pressure of these stockings does not exceed 18 mm. rt. Art. - they do not have a significant effect on the tissues of the legs and do not lead to side effects. It is necessary to wear this type of compression underwear constantly, throughout the day.
Tights and stockings
Most often, special tights or tights are used among compression underwear, they are especially popular among pregnant women, for whom there are specially designed models. Correctly selected compression tights for varicose veins start from the toes and end at the waist level, which allows you to influence the optimal number of vessels in the venous system. In this regard, it is necessary to very carefully select the required size. How to choose tights for varicose veins? It is necessary to carefully choose the size that provides the necessary level of compression on the lower limb, which will achieve the required efficiency.
According to most women, tights against varicose veins are the most comfortable in terms of long-term wearing, however, due to their great length, you have to spend some time to put it on correctly. At the same time, compression tights for varicose veins sit well and do not slide down the leg, which can be observed with prolonged wearing of other types of similar underwear. Varicose stockings require less effort to put on but can slip during the day.
Sometimes, wearing underwear is combined with various medicinal creams and ointments that help fight varicose veins. But, it is recommended to use these funds at night, after the compression hosiery has already been removed. A properly fitted stocking on the leg should pull the lower limb evenly.
Shaping stockings and tights are more suitable for women than for men. However, men also suffer from varicose veins and what should they do? Trying to properly bandage your legs with elastic bandages? Not the easiest approach as described above. In this regard, special compression knee-highs with a wide range of models have been developed and created. They are designed for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins, and, in addition, can be used in people leading an active lifestyle in connection with the ability to facilitate the outflow of blood from the lower extremities and prevent the appearance of edema. There are knee-highs with zippers that allow anyone to put them on without difficulty and without special training. In this regard, knee-highs for varicose veins are a good choice for many patients.
Classification of compression garments
It is very important to correctly select the required level of pressure of orthopedic knitwear on the tissue of the lower extremities. How to choose compression stockings? Manufacturers have already taken care of the patients and divided all the compression stockings on the market for varicose veins and other types of underwear, divided into four classes, differing in the level of pressure applied:
- First grade. The pressure does not exceed 23 mm Hg. As a rule, such underwear is worn by people with the initial manifestations of varicose veins in the form of small spider veins, filling of thin saphenous veins and the appearance of pain in the legs at the end of the day.
- Second class. The pressure does not exceed 33 mm Hg. It is mainly used for treatment with moderate severity of treatment and for thrombophlebitis of various causation.
- Third class. Compression does not exceed 45 mm Hg. It is indicated for patients with symptoms of venous insufficiency and impaired trophism of soft tissues.
- Fourth grade. Pressure over 50 mm HgIt is used for diseases associated with impaired lymph outflow from the lower extremities. Most often, in this segment there are medical stockings for varicose veins.
When buying any orthopedic knitwear, you need to consult with your doctor and choose the required level of pressure generated and choose the right type of underwear: tights, stockings or compression knee-highs for varicose veins.
Rules for the use of compression underwear
Many people are worried about how to choose and how to wear orthopedic knitwear. The doctor should give you the answers to these questions, however, if this did not happen, then it is important to read the instructions for the product, as well as remember the basic rules:
- Similar stockings against varicose veins and other orthopedic underwear should not be worn like ordinary tights, i. e. in any case, do not collect it in an accordion. Corrective stockings, tights and knee-highs are worn sequentially and slowly, straightening the resulting folds.
- Special devices sold in orthopedic stores can make it easier to put on the underwear.
- It is important to follow the pedicure and manicure to prevent damage to expensive knitwear.
- It is necessary to wear such underwear for varicose veins in the morning, immediately after sleep, without getting out of bed.
- It is recommended to wear third and fourth grade underwear with the help of specially trained people.
Selection of compression underwear
Pharmacies and specialty orthopedic salons have a wide selection of different types of compression hosiery. In addition, these products can be ordered through the online store. Before choosing stockings for varicose veins on the legs and other goods, you need to find out how to choose tights that are most suitable in this particular case. This question can be answered by both the attending physician and the sellers in specialized stores.
Stockings for varicose veins and other compression garments are a good way to prevent the onset and progression of varicose veins on the lower extremities. And low prices and ease of use determine its widespread use and love among patients. The selected knitwear requires the patient to know the answer to the question of how to wear such products correctly? This information is always presented in detail in the instructions for tights for varicose veins and other compression products. Remember that orthopedic tights for varicose veins can also be ordered through the online store, which will significantly save time, but require a lot of attention to the selection of goods.