Varicose veins of the genital organs can form in both men and women. Among the fair sex, pregnant women often suffer. Genital varicose veins occurs due to circulatory disorders in the pelvic area. The manifestations of the disease bring discomfort in the lifestyle.
If varicose veins in an intimate place were detected at an early stage of development, there are high chances of avoiding complications and consequences of pathology.
Causes of occurrence
Genital varicose veins occur in humans for various reasons.
- The hereditary factor plays an important role. People whose relatives suffered from varicose veins on the genitals should pay attention to preventive measures. This will reduce the risk of unpleasant pathology. The medical professional is aware of a similar illness in relatives in the past. Some medications can trigger varicose veins.
- Varicose veins on the genitals often occur due to the patient's bad habits. A large percentage of the population in the Russian Federation has such a bad habit as smoking. Every smoker knows the damage to the body. Vitamins of group C are responsible for the strength of the venous walls, nicotine destroys substances and increases the risk of varicose veins in the genitals and other parts of the body. The longer a person smokes, the higher the likelihood of developing pathology.
- The likelihood of genital varicose veins is greatly increased with the abuse of alcohol. Due to the effect of alcohol, inflammatory processes begin in the tissues of the veins.
- Varicose veins can be caused by an inappropriate lifestyle. If a person spends most of the day sitting or standing, this significantly increases the risk of an illness. For a few days, varicose veins will not arise, but if the situation repeats itself over several years, then the cause of the onset of the disease may be precisely this.
- Often, varicose veins on the genitals appear in pregnant women. Medical experts attribute this to hormonal disruptions in the body. Several hormonal components are responsible for keeping the veins in good shape. Often, varicose veins on the labia appear during puberty, which is also explained by hormonal imbalances.
- Varicose veins of the genitals often occur in overweight people. If a person has a tendency to obesity, he needs to remember that with increasing weight, the load on the body, including the pelvic organs, also increases.
In men, varicose veins on the genitals can be associated with a number of reasons.
- Promiscuous sexual intercourse.
- The use of erection medication.
- Damage to the reproductive and urinary system.
The clinical manifestations of pathology in men and women are different. Symptoms of varicose veins of the genital organs in women are as follows.
- An increase in veins is possible, a large number of intertwined nodules appear.
- In the perineum, the skin becomes dry, irritable.
- In the groin area, there is a feeling of itching, painful sensations.
- A burning sensation is possible.
- Swelling of the genitals.
- Dysuric disorders.
During intercourse, the above-described clinical manifestations in a woman are exacerbated, and the discomfort also increases during physical exertion or after using the toilet. In most cases, the patient complains of painful sensations of an aching nature in the perineal region. Due to constant discomfort, the patient's psychological health suffers, she becomes irritable.
At the initial stage of the development of the disease, there is no discomfort; the presence of an ailment can be guessed by small nodules in the genital area. Over time, they begin to increase in size, and other symptoms gradually develop. Neoplasms interfere with sexual activity, human movement.
Another sign indicating varicose veins of the genitals is pigmentation of the skin in the perineal region. During palpation, the presence of venous nodules is felt, which become larger over time.
In the male half of the population, the ailment is often accompanied by varicocele, the venous canals of the testicles dilate. At the initial stage of the development of pathology, blood circulation is disturbed, over time, blood begins to accumulate, which leads to an increase in the genitals.
One of the most serious complications of genital varicose veins is infertility. One of the surest signs of varicose veins of the reproductive system is painful sensations during intercourse. There are enlarged venous channels on the genitals.
The earlier the treatment of pathology is started, the lower the risk of complications. Genital varicose veins are dangerous as follows.
- There is a risk of infertility.
- The onset of inflammatory processes in the genital organ.
- Mental health damage due to discomfort.
The disease can cause disturbances in the functioning of the reproductive system; in the process of bearing a fetus in a mother with genital varicose veins, difficulties may arise.
The possibility of infertility is explained by the fact that inflammation during the development of the disease can pass to the tissues of the genital organ itself. As a result, ulcers begin to form. In such a situation, medical specialists perform surgical intervention, conservative methods will be ineffective.
If the patient ignores the clinical manifestations of the disease and does not seek the advice of a medical specialist for a long period, his flora is disturbed. As a result, infectious and fungal inflammations begin. This complicates further diagnosis.
When contacting a medical specialist, the patient undergoes diagnostic procedures, takes a blood test. Most often, conservative methods of combating the disease are used. The attending physician recommends purchasing compression underwear, prescribes medicinal ointments with an anesthetic, and prescribes a number of medications.
In some cases, there is a need for sclerotherapy. This is an injection technique with which you can get rid of altered veins. The affected area is cooled with air, after which a medicinal solution is injected, which leads to narrowing of the veins and normalization of blood flow. 6 minutes after the injection, the affected areas are squeezed from both sides.
Sclerotherapy is one of the effective methods of treating genital varicose veins, it prevents the formation of blood clots in the future.
The level of medicine does not make it possible to get rid of varicose veins of the genital organs. Consultation of a medical specialist is allowed to achieve rapid improvement in the condition and removal of clinical manifestations of pathology.
At the end of the treatment course, the patient should engage in the prevention of pathology, this will reduce the risk of relapse.
- If a hereditary factor is present, it is recommended to abandon hormonal drugs. This includes contraceptives.
- Pregnancy can cause complications if a woman has a high chance of developing genital varicose veins. During the period of gestation, hormonal changes occur in the body. As a result, there may be a lack of hormones that keep the veins in good shape. For this reason, at the time of pregnancy, the risk of genital varicose veins formation increases dramatically.
- It is important for adolescents to tell in advance about the possible severe consequences in case of early sexual activity.
- Medical experts strongly recommend giving up smoking and alcohol abuse. A huge number of methods and means of giving up bad habits have been developed.
- Doctors advise paying special attention to the fight against excess weight. Obesity isn't just caused by overeating. It will not be possible to defeat the pathology until the patient gets rid of the extra pounds.
The modern level of medicine allows you to cope with the clinical manifestations of genital varicose veins. There are many painless methods for solving the problem.
All that is required of the patient is to consult a medical specialist when the first symptoms of the disease occur. This will simplify the treatment process and avoid complications.