Vein pathology, or, as this disease is also called, varicose veins, affects the modern population more and more often. Therefore, it is important for each person to know what the essence of varicose veins is, its causes and how it can appear.
After all, as you know, the best treatment is to prevent the onset of the disease, and not to fight against existing symptoms.
The causes of varicose veins of the legs and its elimination is a long-term basis for research by experts from many countries of the world, therefore, this topic has now been studied quite well.
How does the disease develop
In the body of a healthy person, blood circulates in two directions: from the heart downward and upward, when blood flow again passes through the heart muscle. In the vessels of the veins in the legs, there are valves that ensure the movement of blood and push the blood flow upward.
Healthy veins in the legs allow blood to circulate both up and down, and their valves provide blood supply to all deep vessels.
If the venous vessels are affected and the veins are dilated, then the valve does not fit tightly to the vessel wall, blood accumulates in the lower extremities. This is how varicose veins begin.
How does varicose veins manifest further? Incomplete outflow of blood provokes stretching of the veins, the gap between the valve and the vein wall on the legs becomes more and more.
The venous vessel loses its tone, pronounced networks of small capillaries appear on the surface of the skin, and intravenous pressure increases.
If varicose veins occur, then the veins, alas, are not destined to become completely healthy anymore, and there is a need for treatment. That is why it is necessary to establish what are the causes of the appearance of varicose veins, the possible ways of its prevention and elimination.
So, varicose veins are the causes.
Factors of the appearance of varicose veins
The causes of varicose veins have been fully investigated by specialists - phlebologists from different countries, and as a result, a number of factors have been established that give rise to varicose veins.
- Varicose veins on the legs can occur, first of all, due to the fact that a person is a bipedal creature. As a result of the fact that the body of the "Homo sapiens" is mainly in an upright position during the day, it exerts considerable pressure on the area of the lower extremities.
- A hypodynamic lifestyle is another factor in the appearance of varicose veins. When leading a predominantly sedentary lifestyle, the blood flow of the lower extremities first slows down, and then unpleasant stagnation occurs in this area. Chronic edema and a feeling of heaviness in the legs appear. Therefore, if the work is associated with a constant presence at the computer, the risk of an illness increases significantly.
- Work associated with increased physical activity. All organs work in an intensive mode, the tension of the limbs is almost constant. The blood pressure is significantly higher than the normal level, and the deformation of the vessels of the legs becomes chronic.
- Constant standing. If a person, by virtue of their official duties, is forced to spend considerable time on their feet, then this also disrupts venous blood flow, there is an increased blood pressure on the vessels of the legs, and stagnation begins to appear. People of such professions as a hairdresser, make-up artist, salesperson are at risk.
- Hereditary factor. Unfortunately, many diseases come from our older relatives. Therefore, if in previous generations there were varicose patients, then varicose veins can manifest itself in descendants much more often than in people who have not inherited this harmful ailment.
- Hormonal changes. If the hormonal background is unstable, there are violations in this regard, then the appearance of venous disease often does not take long. Especially often in this way, varicose veins can begin in women during pregnancy, when there is a colossal hormonal change. The period of menopause is no less risky in this regard, since the level of the hormone estrogen decreases, and as a result, the venous walls become looser and more prone to stretching. In addition, long-term hormonal therapy can provoke beginning varicose veins.
- Abnormal development of veins, various formations inside the vessels, for example, fistulas or fistulas. If they appear, then blood is ejected directly from the arterial vessels into the venous vessels, so the intravenous pressure rises sharply.
- Stressful period, prolonged neuroses. Being under stress for a long time is dangerous for the work of the whole body, and the calf vessels are no exception. Dysfunctions of the central nervous system usually have an extremely detrimental effect on the functioning of the circulatory system, including in the region of the lower extremities.
- Excessive body weight. Obesity is harmful to the body as a whole, and the legs suffer from excess weight especially seriously. Why does varicose veins appear if the body weight has exceeded the norm? The fact is that unnecessary kilograms put pressure on the vessels of the pelvis and calves of the legs, swelling appears, the work of the blood vessels is disrupted, and as a result, blood congestion and deformation of the veins in this area does not take long.
- Smoking. This addiction causes a sharp narrowing of blood vessels, especially the veins and capillaries located in the lower extremities suffer. Due to a sharp spasm, the blood flow inside the venous vessel slows down, the supply of blood to these areas deteriorates. Vessels become fragile, stagnation occurs, and then thrombus formation.
- Elderly age. Upon reaching old age, all body systems wear out and sometimes refuse to function normally, and legs are no exception. In addition to the loss of elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and veins, in this case, a decrease in general dynamism, a preference for a sedentary sedentary lifestyle, also affects.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, fatty, spicy and salty foods. Not only venous walls suffer from gastronomic excesses, but also excessive cholesterol is formed - the main factor contributing to the formation of blood clots and blood clots.
- Uncomfortable clothes. These are, for example, trousers - stretch, overly tight legs, as a result of which there is a violation of blood flow. All these, possibly, fashionable elements of the wardrobe, in the case of their regular wearing, have a detrimental effect on health, the violation of venous circulation becomes chronic, the vessels are deformed and varicose veins appear.
- Uncomfortable high-heeled shoes or simply uncomfortable synthetic materials that do not allow air to pass through. When wearing such shoes, the feet are in tension all the time, there is constant pressure on the calf muscles, from which blood accumulates in the venous vessels. Such a disregard for one's comfort and health is a direct prerequisite for starting varicose veins.
- Alas, the cause of varicose veins on the legs is also excessive enthusiasm for baths, steam rooms, saunas. If abused, these procedures can also significantly disrupt the blood circulation processes in the body, create increased pressure in the veins of the lower extremities.
Is it possible to eliminate the causes of varicose veins?
If varicose veins have already appeared and the veins have lost their original shape, tone and smoothness, and the blood flow is disturbed, then only therapeutic measures will help. And what to do to maintain the health of the venous vessels of the legs?
Follow these simple guidelines:
- Control your body weight, try to keep your weight normal, do not allow extra pounds to appear. Let regular physical activity without undue tension of the calf muscles, physical activity, frequent walking on foot become part of the lifestyle.
- Try to avoid frequent gastronomic excesses. Smoked meats, fatty foods, sweets, canned foods and simply too salty food should be a very rare guest on your table.
- Give preference to comfortable high quality shoes made of natural materials, in which your feet will "breathe", and leave high heels only for ceremonial appearances.
- The same goes for clothing. Avoid synthetics, overly tight clothes, do not buy smaller clothes in the hope of future weight loss. First of all, things should be comfortable.
- Overcome addictions. This point does not need detailed comments.
- You should drink clean still water, weak teas, herbal infusions, homemade fruit drinks, fruit drinks. In general, the amount of liquid should be at least one and a half (preferably two) liters per day.
Like other diseases, the pathology of the vessels of the legs is easier to prevent in time than to deal with severe symptoms.
If it is important for you to preserve your health for many years, watch your feet, do not ignore the heaviness and evening swelling, try to devote some time to relaxing rest in the evening after a busy day.
An active lifestyle, a healthy nutritious diet, and the absence of addictions are the key to staying active for many years.