Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease, which in its advanced stage is fraught with trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, up to the amputation of limbs. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies can help - with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What is varicose veins in the legs?
Many elderly people are well aware of what is varicose veins, although this ailment is increasingly manifested in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly on the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protrude as bumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" grow, which burst upon impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities already at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- protruding veins;
- bruising and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
Until now, discussions erupt between representatives of official and traditional medicine, whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors are inclined to believe that in the initial stages and in combination with drugs, decoctions and ointments give a good result. This disease manifests itself more often in people who spend their working day on their feet, therefore these funds are important for them as preventive measures.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and can be stored for a long time in the cold. Folk remedies for varicose veins help:
- remove swelling;
- improve the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduce blood viscosity, accelerate blood flow;
- normalize slack valves.
Folk remedies against varicose veins
There are many recipes for how to treat varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With a heavy load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water on them in the evening, make baths with broths, wipe sore spots with ice cubes. A contrast shower and swimming help to strengthen the veins.
Long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins involve the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- oil rubbing;
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of such treatment is herbs, for varicose veins in the legs they are used both internally and externally, in combination with medicines, and separately, but at the onset of the disease. During the illness, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of the capillaries.
Such treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies is recommended:
- Heat the burdock leaf in a water bath, apply warm to the sore spot, fix the compress overnight. You can repeat it for several days.
- Moisten a bandage with celandine juice and apply in a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for a week.
- Brew chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even in using herbs to observe the measure, many plants that offer folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs contain toxic substances, an overdose of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast shower.
The proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies involves the use of essential oils, they remove pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubbing. Recommended to mix with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for treating varicose veins:
Essential Oil Blend Recipe
- essential oil of juniper - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbspthe spoon.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with essential.
- Rub in sore spots in the evening.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is best to use natural folk remedies against varicose veins on the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and to 20. For a single dose, the mummy is put 0. 3 g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and in the evening, the course is designed for a month, then you need a break for 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with such folk remedies as flax decoction and apple cider vinegar has been popular. The latter contains more than 20 mineral substances useful for blood vessels, helps to establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of veins. It is recommended to take 1 tbsp. spoon for 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Minus - you can not drink people with high acidity.
A similar situation - with recipes from lemon, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tbsp per day. spoon. A good effect is given by treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also credited with a rejuvenating effect, it thins the blood, improves blood flow.
Nettle spirit tincture recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. spoons;
- vodka - 0. 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
It is not for nothing that folk recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettle, it helps to get rid of the high platelet count, which is extremely important in this disease. Since ancient times, a nettle broom was considered the best remedy, the movement should go from the feet to the hips. The blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone is able to endure such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion from this plant.
Nettle Infusion Recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water over the raw materials in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink a third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you need to take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help to remove inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Recipes for decoctions for varicose veins for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Calendula flowers.Bred 4 tbsp. tablespoons of dried flowers in 0. 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
Home ointment for varicose veins
For a long time, recipes for medicinal mixtures for such an ailment have been passed down in families, and today many make an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark, celandine are added from herbs. You can take a fat baby cream as a basis. Apply the mixture overnight, wash off with warm water in the morning.
But it is important to take into account that such ointments are good for mild disease, if the disease is started, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, in its fruits there are many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation, and remove inflammation.
Horse Chestnut Ointment Recipe
- dry chestnut fruits - 6 pcs. ;
- dry chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Top with vegetable oil 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sore spots 2 times a day.
Effective traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more common in the population. There are many reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many remedies for this ailment. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and wraps
In fact, there are a lot of folk recipes for varicose veins. For a long time people have understood that true cures for many ailments grow under our feet. And we learned how to use them correctly.
Among the alternative methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications, etc.
Treatment of varicose veins at home implies both the alternate use of these methods and the simultaneous use.
Grated Raw Potatoes
It's easy to make a raw potato compress, but it must be fresh. The potatoes must be peeled, washed, grated, then laid out on gauze or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore legs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with unripe tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take some green tomatoes, cut each one lengthwise. Apply half a tomato to the affected areas, hold until a burning sensation.
It is better to be treated in this way in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this remedy, swelling, pain, veins become less noticeable.
At home, you can treat varicose veins with beekeeping products (propolis, honey). Folk recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric, then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, on the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this remedy, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Rubbing and alcohol tinctures
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also quite effective.
This recipe for rubbing with honey and onions helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a glass of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture, wrap with foil.
- Bandage on top.
On the first run, remove the film after two hours, on the second - after three, the next day - after four. Then you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be done within ten days to achieve the best possible effect.
There are also other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe Leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are required to prepare the tincture. There should be enough of them to fill half a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, cork tightly, put in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the sore veins of the legs with tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no result. After a month, the stars will disappear.
The pungent-smelling roots of this marsh plant also help get rid of varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour in vodka or alcohol, put in a cool place, protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub the sore legs with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do this before bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Green, unripe nuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June-early July. Nuts must be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist in a tightly sealed container. Shake the container every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, which prevents abnormal expansion or damage.
Tincture can be used both internally and for rubbing. You need to drink it twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink ten days, then take a break for the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This remedy strengthens blood vessels well, helps to reduce swelling and pain, relieve heaviness in the legs. It is able to remove spider veins, as well as prevent the appearance of new ones. Rub this tincture of the legs once a day, preferably before going to bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are a great many such recipes. There are quite a few medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
What herbs help with this ailment? First of all - horse chestnut. In any reference book there is the same information about how useful this plant is for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miraculous plant grows only in the mountains. It is useless to look for it in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round prickly fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this beneficial plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic kidney and liver diseases;
- children's age;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants for this disease are known:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- plantain, etc.
You can suggest other recipes for treating the disease.
Infusion of Antonov apples
Antonov apples are distinguished by their delicate unique aroma and sour taste. But few know that the infusion of them can help with this ailment. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You need to peel them, chop them, cut the apples. Together with the peel, chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and put on low heat.
After the water has boiled, keep on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is an increased acidity of the stomach and a tendency to hypertension.
This recipe will require 50 grams of hop cones. They need to be poured with half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, keep for a few more minutes.
The finished infusion will need to be rubbed into the skin of the legs from foot to knee for 3 months, twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter glass twice a day after meals. You can not use this recipe for those who suffer from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
For the treatment of this ailment, collections of several useful herbs are often used. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Several fees worth suggesting:
- Take the herb of yarrow, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile, and horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove, leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Icelandic moss take in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter of a glass 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Strain, drink half a glass after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month, then take a break. After it, you can repeat the course. However, you should be careful about the manifestation of side effects when using these funds. Skin rash or diarrhea may appear. In this case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
In addition to using various infusions and rubbing, you can make foot baths. At the same time, decoctions of herbs, various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation can be advised:
Take herbs in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into a bath (about 5 liters), lower your feet into it. The water should not be very hot. Keep your feet until the water cools completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It should be recalled that this disease cannot be cured only by folk remedies. Be sure to use the medicines prescribed by the doctor. Traditional medicine should only help the main treatment. Its advantage is in the minimum number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of the complex therapy of varicose veins in the lower extremities is the use of alternative medicine methods. There is a large list of traditional medicines that help to quickly reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathology.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs: the benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the manifestation of the slightest signs of the disease, you should immediately seek qualified medical help.
Often in medical practice, at the initial stage of the development of the disease, phlebologists, along with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The high popularity of such therapy methods is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products allows you to choose the most suitable recipe for each case individually.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- Having a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of combined use with methods of conservative therapy and several types of natural medicines.
Despite the high efficiency of treating varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications, in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a natural medicine.
- Dermatological eruptions and other types of skin lesions.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to an aggravation of the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, with their correct and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathology symptoms.
- Strengthening the venous walls and restoring their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymph flow processes.
- Relief of inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be carried out exclusively in consultation with the attending physician. A specialist, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general health of the patient, will select the most suitable medicines based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins on the legs
Unlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural medicines have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo a consultative examination with a phlebologist and naturopath.
Specialists from among a wide variety will help you choose the most suitable means for preparing medicines for both external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most often used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs:
- Nutmeg. It helps to stimulate blood flow, reduce inflammation from the affected areas of the venous walls. Used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which must be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, linseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massage. Helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and eliminate puffiness in the legs.
- Beekeeping products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. Used for the preparation of various types of medicines and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. Contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Most often it is used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. Also, fat is effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. It is the most optimal of all varieties, as it maximally affects the affected vessel walls and stabilizes blood flow. It is used for making applications.
The list of traditional medicines that are used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs is very large. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body, and in particular on the work of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients do an excellent job with these tasks. Oral intake of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs helps to normalize blood flow in the body and enhances its immune system.
Reception of folk remedies inside should be carried out exclusively as directed by a doctor. Many medicines suitable for the treatment of varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs of the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins of the legs. The systematic use of natural medicines can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.