Varicose veins or varicose veins are a disease that is getting younger every year and is one of the pressing problems of our time. If at the initial stages of development the pathology is not too scary, its progression threatens with serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins made themselves felt, it is very important to start fighting it immediately, and not wait until the disease takes effect. As a treatment at the initial stage, as well as the prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has proven itself very well, so we will talk about treating the disease at home.
What is varicose veins
Before starting to deal with a problem using various means, it is important to understand what kind of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins mean a pathological process accompanied by deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name implies, means expansion, but in addition, lengthening of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as disruption of the system of venous valves, which allow blood to rise upward, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous by a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disrupts the systemic circulation, and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more developed the disease, the more serious the consequences, up to the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the legs, since the lower extremities are subject to heavy loads.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
Taking into account all of the above, it is logical to assume that in order to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to stop the deformation process, this can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Therefore, now we will consider various techniques to achieve this goal and improve the patient's condition as a whole.
Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most common and most effective remedies for varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar, and not use acetic acid with flavoring (both options are freely available in stores, read the description on the label carefully). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after the bath, simply pour vinegar over your feet where the veins are swollen, then wait until the liquid is absorbed, you do not need to wipe it off. This procedure will help get rid of the feeling of heaviness and soreness.
- In a similar way, you can treat problem areas, rubbing vinegar with light massaging movements. It is better to do this not after a bath, but before going to bed.
- A very effective method is wrapping - take 2-3 times rolled cheesecloth, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze lightly and apply to problem areas. Then wrap your legs over the gauze with a towel, and wrap it with cling film on top. In this case, it is better to raise your legs above the level of the body. This procedure effectively eliminates swelling and unpleasant symptoms, lasts about 30 minutes, you do not need to wash your feet after it.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and famous remedy for dealing with varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture on vodka or rubbing alcohol - for cooking, you need 50 grams of fruit cut into small pieces, right in the peel. Place them in a glass container, fill with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then close the lid tightly and leave in a cool warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir occasionally. After the specified period, strain the tincture and take within 3 weeks, 15 drops before meals, three times a day.
- There is also a product for external use and to make it, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of inflorescences of this plant. Grind the indicated ingredients with a blender or coffee grinder, mix thoroughly with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is fine). Then soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait until it cools down and store in the refrigerator in a glass container. The method of application is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day into problem areas on the legs.
Treating the disease with the most affordable vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, which can be actively used for external use, have long been proven to be effective in the treatment of varicose veins. The treatment methods in this case are as follows:
- Tomato- Cut a few tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen vessels. Then wrap your legs with some kind of fabric and do not tightly wrap an elastic bandage on top, the compress can be left even overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic and at the same time very good method. You will need potato peels, which also need to be applied to the legs with the light side down, you can simply apply an elastic bandage on top and do not remove the compress for 2-3 hours.
- Cabbageis used akin to potatoes, but before applying them to the legs, you need to make many small cuts on the leaves of this vegetable, tracing them with a knife. It is also recommended that the side of the cabbage leaf, which is adjacent to the leg, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps, in folk medicine, there is no industry where bee waste products would not be used. Apitherapy means the use of propolis, honey, beeswax. In view of the fact that almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take a parchment for baking and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then attach the honey canvas to the leg area where traces of varicose veins are visible and wrap it with cling film on top. The next layer of the compress is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should be kept on the leg for about two hours. However, in the course of therapy, which lasts 30 days, daily, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the application time increases by an hour. Ultimately, the compress is applied overnight and removed only in the morning.
Applying laundry soap
Laundry soap is a natural product that, although it has an unpleasant odor, consists only of water, clay, sodium, and animal and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even eliminate vascular "stars" and prevent the occurrence of trophic ulcers. You can fight varicose veins with laundry soap in different ways, but it is best to make ointments and make compresses:
- To prepare a compress, you will need to insist 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass container with a tightly closed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, are mixed in the resulting solution. Then moisten the cheesecloth folded several times in the solution and place it on the problem area of the leg, keep it for no more than 60 minutes. This method will relieve pain, relieve inflammation, and also eliminate swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). Initially grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil into the resulting shavings, then add propolis, honey and mix everything thoroughly. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass container in a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. Once the ointment is ready, place it in a resealable glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment daily into those places on your legs where varicose veins are visible, it is better to do this before bedtime, and in order not to stain your laundry or things, tie the treated area with a bandage.
The benefits of acacia flowers
Tincture of white acacia flowers is very popular, which also effectively copes with varicose veins in the initial stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of dried acacia color and pour the raw materials in a glass container with 500 milliliters of vodka, then put them in a cool dark place for 21 days, remembering to stir occasionally. As soon as the time is up, one piece of grated lemon is added to the tincture and kept for another week. With the resulting tincture, you need to wipe your feet in the morning and in the evening in those places where varicose veins are localized.
Of course, to treat varicose veins at home, resorting only to the help of traditional medicine, is reasonable only in the early stages of the development of the disease. But even in this case, before using any remedy, it is worth consulting a doctor.
In addition, doctors also give a number of recommendations that, in combination with the chosen method of therapy, will improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of developing pathology:
- Proper nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy food, excluding fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and sour foods from the diet. To improve your condition, give preference to vegetables, diet meats, fermented milk products, vegetables and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, black currants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression hosiery, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins need to wear compression underwear.
- Lead an active and mobile lifestyle, go in for sports, it is best to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise daily or find a physical therapy instructor.
- You should also consult with your doctor about the use of medications, because in combination with traditional methods, such treatment will give much better results.