Varicose veins are a disease of the blood vessels in which their walls become thinner. As a result, the veins lengthen and expand, pathological nodes are formed, and blood flow is disturbed. Varicose veins on the legs are most often diagnosed. But hands often suffer. There is also varicose veins of the uterus in women, testicles in men. It is not easy to normalize the situation - often it is necessary to resort to surgical intervention. But in the initial stages of the development of the disease, varicose veins can be treated with folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to strengthen and restore blood vessels. These are diets, exercise, various decoctions, infusions, compresses. All of them are more harmless than pharmaceutical preparations, so many people prefer to do just natural remedies. But it is important to remember that in advanced situations, traditional medicine can be used only as an auxiliary one. In any case, such treatment should be agreed with the doctor.
Features of the behavior of a person suffering from varicose veins
When treating varicose veins and thrombophlebitis with folk remedies and more traditional methods, a person must adhere to a certain lifestyle. The fact is that it is errors in behavior that often lead to the development of the disease, and they must be eliminated.
What to look out for first:
- Clothes. Skinny jeans and tight belts make it difficult for blood to pass through the veins. It is better to choose shoes with small heels. Studs and a completely flat sole make the situation worse with varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Physical activity. She should be present in life - but in moderation. Heavy loads are excluded, but complete passivity will also bring harm. Regular walks in the fresh air, cycling, swimming in the pool are encouraged. If the work is sedentary, you need to take frequent breaks - get up and take at least a few steps around the room. The chair or chair should be as comfortable as possible. Long sitting especially aggravates the situation with pelvic varicose veins.
- Water treatments. Hot baths for this disease are extremely undesirable, but a contrast shower should be taken more often - it improves blood circulation.
- Cosmetic procedures. It is better to refuse electrolysis and wax hair removal.
- Bad habits. Alcohol and smoking significantly aggravate the situation with varicose veins.
In the course of treatment with folk remedies for reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities and other parts of the body, proper nutrition alone can slow down the process. And, perhaps, no more funds will be needed. And in more severe forms, a therapeutic diet will speed up the healing process.
The patient's diet should be in abundance:
- vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C;
- seafood, seaweed;
- foods rich in fiber;
- rose hips, gooseberries, currants;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley, dill;
- offal (liver, heart, tongue).
It is recommended to unsubscribe from:
- salt - exclude it at least for the period of active treatment, or minimize it;
- fried, smoked;
- meat (especially pork);
- canned food;
- pickled dishes;
- strong tea;
- sweets and sugar.
For varicose veins, you should drink plenty of clean water (not carbonated). Green and herbal teas are also helpful. It is advisable to start your meal with a light vegetable salad seasoned with vegetable oil. And you should finish it while remaining slightly hungry. Overeating is very harmful for vascular diseases.
With advanced varicose veins, treatment with folk remedies and other methods must be fixed by wearing special underwear.
Compression tights, stockings, knee-highs, leggings and other knitwear compress dilated veins, increasing pressure and accelerating blood flow. This significantly reduces the risk of blood clots.
Such underwear should be selected under the guidance of a doctor. In terms of effect, there are different types of compression hosiery. For prevention purposes, a weaker pressure is required, and in the later stages of varicose veins, increased pressure.
Usually jersey is put on in the morning - right after waking up, and removed before bed. But you can't wear it around the clock.
Compression garments are contraindicated in case of cardiopulmonary insufficiency, atherosclerosis, orthoarteritis, bedsores, dermatitis, skin allergies, open wounds. It is prescribed with caution to people suffering from diabetes.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of gymnastics in the treatment of varicose veins, which often results from a sedentary lifestyle. Special exercises improve the flow of blood and lymph through the vessels, tone and strengthen their walls, normalize blood pressure, and make a person more resilient. Gymnastics is especially indicated for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Experts recommend doing it in the morning and in the evening, allocating thirty minutes for this.
Exercises for different types of ailment:
- Practically with all types of varicose veins, such gymnastics is shown: in the prone position, bend one lower limb and pull it to the chest; then straighten, pull up and hold for a few seconds. Then lower and repeat the same movements with the other leg.
- An exercise is also considered universal, during which you need to, sitting on a chair and resting your heels on the floor, make all-round movements with your socks.
- Suitable for all patients and "swallow". Stand up, straighten up, stand on tiptoes and spread your arms. Then exhale and take one leg back. Repeat the same with the other limb.
- With varicose veins of the legs, it is useful to perform a very simple exercise: lie down on a hard surface, placing a pillow under your feet. At the same time, it is important to relax as much as possible, close your eyes, breathe deeply and evenly. Lie like this for 10-15 minutes.
- In the treatment of folk remedies for varicose veins of the small pelvis (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries), exercise "bicycle" will help. Lying on your back, you need to make rotational movements with your feet, imitating a ride. It is also recommended to regularly do "scissors", which involve crossing (horizontal and vertical) leg movements while lying down.
- Men suffering from varicose veins of the testicles are shown to stand on their toes more often, staying in this position for about 20 seconds, and then abruptly "land" on their heels. This will allow you to fight congestion in the veins of the genital organ.
Traditional medicines should be used along with diet, exercise and lifestyle adjustments. They are more gentle than pharmaceutical products and are much cheaper. Of course, it is far from always possible to get by with only folk recipes. In advanced cases, this is excluded. But even in the most difficult situations, they will not be superfluous.
The main purpose of traditional medicine is to prevent congestion in the veins. For this, various decoctions, ointments, creams, compresses and other homemade medicines are used. The recipes for the most effective ones are given below.
Medicinal tinctures during the treatment of varicose veins have both internal and external use.
The following tools have worked well:
- Kalanchoe effectively treats vascular diseases of the lower extremities. The leaves of this plant should be crushed, filled with medical alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio and left for a while, tightly closing the container. After a couple of days, the tincture can be rubbed into the affected skin. The vascular mesh will go away.
- Horse chestnut is used in the treatment of varicose veins of the uterus with folk remedies. You will need 50 grams of its flowers, which must be filled with vodka or alcohol. Insist for 14 days, shaking occasionally. Take orally 2 tablespoons three times a day a few minutes before meals. The duration of the course is a week.
- Another recipe for the treatment of pelvic pathologies (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries) is a tincture of a mixture of herbs. You need to take in equal proportions dandelion root, horsetail, knotweed, chamomile, motherwort and clover and combine all this (you can buy a ready-made collection at the pharmacy). 2 tablespoons of the mixture are poured into 0. 5 liters of boiling water and left in a thermos overnight. Take orally four times a day, 50 grams.
- With varicose veins of the testicles in men, treatment with folk remedies involves taking an infusion of birch and strawberry leaves, sweet clover and oat straw. All this is crushed, mixed in a 1: 1 ratio, and then a tablespoon of the collection is poured into 600 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. Strain. Take 0. 25 glasses three times a day before meals. The duration of the course is a month.
Compresses act with varicose veins no worse than tinctures. A variety of ingredients are used to prepare them. Most of them are always at hand.
Here are the simplest and most affordable recipes:
- Tomato compress.Fresh vegetables are finely chopped and applied with gauze to the affected area. You can secure the compress with an elastic bandage. Keep for a couple of hours. Then, updating, repeat twice more. The procedure is harmless and suitable for daily use.
- Cabbage compress.This requires a regular vegetable. A leaf of white cabbage must be greased with soap and applied to a sore spot, which must first be sprinkled with soda. Secure with a bandage, leave overnight.
- Alcohol compress.Moisten warm socks with vodka, put them on steamed limbs. Leave it overnight. The product effectively improves blood circulation.
Various kinds of decoctions are used primarily to relieve pain. They are especially effective when it comes to internal forms of the disease (for example, varicose veins of the uterus), and the use of external agents is impossible.
- Nettle tea.Two tablespoons of dry crushed plant are poured into 200 ml of water and brought to a boil. Cool naturally and drink a quarter of a glass three times a day. The duration of the course is a month.
- Calendula broth.Pour a couple of tablespoons with a glass of water and bring to a boil. You can add honey during the cooling process for taste. Let sit for 30 minutes and drink a couple of hours before your morning meal. You can drink the next glass after a couple of hours. And so several times a day. The course of treatment is a month.
Attachment and Rubbing Treatment
When treating varicose veins with folk remedies at the initial stage, rubbing and applying are actively used. They help to remove the "cobweb" of blood vessels and slow down the development of the disease.
Here are several ways:
- One of the most effective remedies against beginning varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. It is diluted in the amount of 2 tablespoons with a glass of water, then moistened with gauze and applied to the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Boil potato skins. Then they cool, grind and apply to the "star" of the vessels for a couple of hours.
- You can also bring a glass of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons of chamomile or wormwood. Rub into affected skin after cooling.
Folk remedies are good for various diseases at the initial stage. Compared to the methods of traditional medicine, they have a more gentle effect on the body, have fewer side effects and contraindications. They are actively used in the case of vascular pathologies: varicose veins of the uterus, lower and upper extremities, testicles. Especially at the very beginning of the development of these ailments.
It is imperative that you consult with your doctor to get the best result. He will tell you which tools are most appropriate to use in a particular situation. When using traditional medicine, you should be patient. They work more slowly than synthetic drugs. But regular procedures will certainly have an effect.