In this article, we will discuss with You an unpleasant disease of the lower limbs, as varicose veins, as well as its causes, symptoms and treatment of varicose veins, and both traditional and folk remedies.
What are varicose veins for the average person? This fatigue in the legs, perhaps with some swelling, cyanosis, sometimes dark spider veins. Consider what kind of sickness from a medical point of view.
Varicose veins (varices) — expansion and elongation of veins (vessels that bring blood to the heart) of the lower limbs with thinning of the venous wall and formation of these knots. The same nodules are formed as a result of pathology of the venous walls, as well as failure of their valves due to a genetic defect.
Varicose veins manifested with increasing venous pressure.
Varicose veins happen:
- lower extremities;
- of the stomach and esophagus;
- small pelvis;
- the testicle and spermatic cord.
The most common manifestations of the disease is varicose veins of the lower extremities, which today will be discussed.
Today varicose veins is one of the most common diseases that affects every 3 women and one in 10 man. Extras note that most often the disease begins at a young age — 30-40 years.
Causes of varicose veins
The main causes of varicose veins:
- lifestyle or work associated with heavy physical loads, prolonged stay in one position (standing or sitting) or constant high ambient temperature;
- a significant increase of body weight;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal influence (pregnancy and hormonal drugs).
Secondary causes of varicose veins
Obstacles in the blood flow through the veins. Such obstacles can be: a blood clot, the uterus and the tumor.
Stress and nervous disorders. They affect the condition of vessels. In the wall of the veins have nerve endings, which give them elasticity. When the pressure in them, exposed to different toxins and alcohol the gleam of the vessels lose tone and expands.
Arterial-venous anastomoses. Such a fistula may form due to the pressure in the arterial flow of blood cells.
Sports overload. At risk fans patagate the barbell in the gym. In the presence of a predisposition to varicose veins to overload the legs excessive exercise and heavy lifting are prohibited.
Uncomfortable clothes and shoes. Much tight clothing such as skinny jeans can cause varicose veins. Also harmful narrow shoes and high heels. When choosing shoes, give preference with a wide sole, the wider the sole, the less the load on the legs. Walking and balancing on thin heels, we put Vienna's huge load, and if the heels add the heavy bags from the grocery store, then the veins will not envy.
All these factors contribute to varicose veins, increase venous pressure and malfunction of the venous valves. The result is abnormal blood flows in the veins of the lower extremities — a reflux (backward flow of venous blood from deep veins to superficial). They cause worsening of the disease over time, increasing the pressure on the venous system many times.
The right blood flow, when blood flows through the veins of the legs from the bottom up, this is achieved through several factors: the pressure of blood from the arteries, the contraction of the muscles of the feet during movements and the presence of valves in veins preventing backflow of blood. The failure of these valves to perform its function causes a disturbance of venous blood flow, which leads to hyperextension of the veins. Because of this, blood flow becomes chaotic, the blood stagnates in the veins of the lower extremities (especially subcutaneous), the pressure increases, the blood vessels begin to expand and become subtler.
Symptoms of varicose veins
Symptoms of varicose veins are directly connected with the stages of varicose veins.
I and II stage of varicose veins
- venous patterns on the legs, thighs and hips;
- a feeling of heaviness of the legs and enlargement;
- cramps, especially at night;
- swelling of the feet after a hard day;
- mild pain in the legs;
III and IV stage of varicose veins
- spider veins (telangiectasia);
- the pain of different nature (hot throbbing, itching, muscle pain when walking, pain along the course of venous trunks, General pain and aching in the legs);
- convoluted, elongated varicose veins, protruding above the surface of the skin of legs and feet;
- changes the (skin becomes dry and pigmentation after the skin of the feet darkens and covered with brownish spots). Further, these symptoms can join: dermatitis, eczema and trophic disorders in the form of poorly healing wounds, including the formation of ulcers.
Quite rare, but there are symptoms such as bleeding upon rupture of the nodes, which often happen at night.
Complications of varicose veins
If the varicose veins appeared symptoms such as fever or weakness, it is possible that the disease has passed the stage of complications.
When complications of varicose veins can occur:
- skin ulcers;
- heavy venous bleeding at the slightest injury;
- trophic ulcer;
- bleeding varices.
Diagnosis of varicose veins
If you have symptoms of varicose veins, for the decision of a correct diagnosis or rebuttal should be directed to: phlebologist, neurologist, surgeon.
Procedures for the diagnosis of varicose veins: ultrasound (us) or venography.
Treatment of varicose veins
How to treat varicose veins? This question is answered by the doctor after the diagnosis. Because only a correct diagnosis increases a positive result of treatment of varicose veins.
In turn, the doctor may prescribe the following treatment options:
- drug treatment of varicose veins (cream, ointment, tablet);
- a set of procedures, depending on symptoms and stage of the disease (see article below);
- surgical treatment (removal of diseased veins).
Funds from varicose veins
- Ointments and creams varicose veins
They act as a prophylactic and as an auxiliary method of treatment of the disease in the early stages. They help:
- to reduce the pain;
- to reduce the swelling;
- to improve the operation of the valve system;
- to increase the tone of the vascular walls;
- to restore the normal blood flow;
- to prevent the development of complications.
- Tablets varicose veins
Pills is prescribed in the case when the localization of the disease does not allow to apply drugs topically or as part of complex therapy of varicose veins. They help:
- to improve the tone of blood vessels;
- to remove inflammation;
- accelerate the blood flow and lymph flow;
- eliminate microcirculatory disorders.
Procedures to treat varicose veins
Endovasal laser coagulation. The doctor acts on the patient's vessel with the laser, and the veins disappear. Is performed under local anesthesia. A couple of weeks on the skin no reminders about the procedure. It is used to treat varicose veins in the initial stages.
Sclerotherapy. In the problematic vein with a syringe, introduce the substance and be amazed by the Vienna glued from the inside and stops working and the blood starts to flow away through healthy veins. This procedure is not for everyone. It is prescribed only if the nodes is not very large.
Ozone therapy. Ozone is injected through a small needle into the lumen of the vessel and calls it bonding. To achieve a visible effect quite a few procedures. It is used to eliminate spider veins.
Phlebectomy. Surgery in which diseased veins are removed. The next day after the surgery you can go home, but still at least a month you have to wear special tights or bandaged leg with an elastic bandage.
In the treatment of varicose veins it is recommended to use therapeutic exercise and therapeutic hosiery.
Medical gymnastics at varicose veins. To help relieve heavy legs, promote blood flow and eliminate stagnation of venous blood.
The movement is life. If You have a sedentary job, try to walk every day. It is also recommended Cycling and swimming. But running may have an adverse effect on vein health and wellbeing.
Some examples of exercises for the legs:
- sitting on a chair, keep your legs together and lower them into socks, then on heels, and repeat 15-20 times;
- leaning both hands (at shoulder height) on a wall, stand on your toes then on your heels, repeat 20 times;
- standing on the inhale, raise your arms up and stand on your toes on the exhale, relax and become on your heels, repeat 20 times;
- sitting lift above floor level alternately one then the other leg, turn the feet at the ankles in both directions, making small circles, repeat 15-20 times;
- sitting up on his tip-toes with both feet at the same time, repeat 15-20 times.
Medical knitwear. Wearing this underwear helps to improve the condition of the affected veins by compression to accelerate blood flow and eliminate stagnation of venous blood in the vessels. Wearing therapeutic underwear may be considered only as an auxiliary means in combination with prescribed treatment.
Treatment of varicose veins folk remedies
Important! Before using folk remedies varicose veins be sure to consult with your doctor!
Treatment of varicose veins ready herbal
Review expert herbalist: herbal medicine (phytotherapy) has certain remarkable advantages, for example:
- phytotherapy eliminates the causes of disease,
- herbs have a minimum number of contraindications (usually individual intolerance),
- the herbal treatment has minimal side effects
- herbs are composed of a large number of vitamins and other nutrients, which in addition to the treatment of the disease, and even promote the health of the organism as a whole,
Naturopaths offer ready-made solutions that already take into account the specific composition of the collection, quantity, sequence, etc. Courses are developed by professional physicians, based on years of experience.
Other folk remedy against varicose veins
Kalanchoe pinnate. The leaves of Kalanchoe pinnate and put in a quart jar (the leaves should be half the banks). Pour 70% alcohol and insist in a dark place for 14 days. Before applying shake the jar. Every day before bedtime lubricate legs and feet. The pain will go away after the first application. If varicose started, to treatment is necessary for 4 months.
Apples "Antonovka". In boiling 1 liter of water put 3 apples, cover and put in a warm place for 4 hours. Next, without removing the apples, smash them up, mix the solution and strain. Take, adding 1 tablespoon of honey, polruki (50 g) in the morning before eating and at night before bedtime. The tool also cleanses the blood, improves sleep and appetite.
Potatoes. 5 clean the potatoes and grate them on a grater. The resulting puree grate and spread his legs. After 4 hours the pain will pass, and then rinse potatoes with warm water.
The flowers of horse chestnut. 50 g of flowers pour 0.5 liters of alcohol and let steep for 14 days, each day shaking the bottle. Miss the resulting tincture through the mesh and consume 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day before meals with water. Treated a week take a break for 2 weeks. Then try again.
The garlic oil. Take garlic with white skins and mash. Mix it with two parts butter. Attach to protruding veins at night, put on top of parchment paper and secure with bandage or a warm scarf. In the morning rinse and put on his feet something warm and soft.
Prevention of varicose veins
As everyone has long known – the disease is better to prevent than to treat. Let's consider some rules of life, following which you can prevent the appearance of varicose veins:
- if You have a sedentary job, do from time to time a break. Can do workplace special exercises. There's a lot more to go;
- if the work is stagnant, on the contrary, take the time to relax;
- refrain from habits in the seat to throw a leg over the other, if You have;
- don't wear things that really squeeze (for example, very tight jeans, stockings with tight elastic bands. In General, women are strictly prohibited to wear tight tight pants, because in this case blood circulation in the region of the urogenital system;
- don't constantly wear tight shoes and shoes with heel (these shoes valid rarely on holidays);
- if You have constipation, do not leave it to chance, since constipation increases the pressure level of blood circulation in the small pelvis;
- start Cycling;
- try to swim a lot;
- during the holidays, from time to time place the feet on the hills (at 15-20 cm above the heart);
- try to regularly exercise;
- watch your weight;
- decrease in the diet of unhealthy foods and sweets, eat more fruits and vegetables, i.e. foods rich in vitamins;
- drop harmful habits (Smoking and alcohol);
- try to take a contrast shower;
- drink at least 2 liters of water per day, which will also save You from dehydration with its unpleasant symptoms;
- do not overdo the sunbathing in the Solarium.
Which doctor to consult for varicose veins?